Honored Contributor
I imagine there is a huge profit margin on cosmetics. We're now having at least one TSV a week that is a ""beauty"" product. I never watch these shows as to me they are the epitome of boring. It amazes me how women fall for the ridiculous claims that cosmetic companies make for their over priced junk. Then they come here bemoaning the fact that it didn't work and move on to buy another product. Everybody is getting rich except the consumer.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
On 6/2/2014 depglass said:

Let's see, Beauty and Jewelry vs. Computers and Mattresses, the choice is easy for me.

Agree!

Trusted Contributor
On 6/2/2014 kachina624 said: I imagine there is a huge profit margin on cosmetics. We're now having at least one TSV a week that is a "beauty" product. I never watch these shows as to me they are the epitome of boring. It amazes me how women fall for the ridiculous claims that cosmetic companies make for their over priced junk. Then they come here bemoaning the fact that it didn't work and move on to buy another product. Everybody is getting rich except the consumer.

There is a huge margin. I worked for a HUGE cosmetic firm for 6 years, and the profits are amazing. Some companies mark up their products from 300-500%.

And yes, some products might work temporarily, but franlky there is nothing better than using a good cleanser, moisturizer with SPF, and staying out of the sun. Ask any dermatologist.

I see these anti-aging products and serums...and I just laugh........and laugh.

Respected Contributor

Beauty products are VERY competitive, so can't blame QVC for jumping onboard. Thank goodness everyone likes different products. I realize that not everyone has settled down with a line like I have, so I'm sure the Q is successful by carrying such a variety. Unless it's something I use, I just flip on by like I do with other products I'm not interested in. No big deal.

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/2/2014 RedHeadedWench said:
On 6/2/2014 kachina624 said: I imagine there is a huge profit margin on cosmetics. We're now having at least one TSV a week that is a "beauty" product. I never watch these shows as to me they are the epitome of boring. It amazes me how women fall for the ridiculous claims that cosmetic companies make for their over priced junk. Then they come here bemoaning the fact that it didn't work and move on to buy another product. Everybody is getting rich except the consumer.

There is a huge margin. I worked for a HUGE cosmetic firm for 6 years, and the profits are amazing. Some companies mark up their products from 300-500%.

And yes, some products might work temporarily, but franlky there is nothing better than using a good cleanser, moisturizer with SPF, and staying out of the sun. Ask any dermatologist.

I see these anti-aging products and serums...and I just laugh........and laugh.

I agree! Hope springs eternal, I guess, and hence we spend. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

I never feel like there is enough Laura Geller or Mally. It seems like food all the time, vacuum cleaners, mattresses, or computers. JMO because that's what I like! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor
On 6/2/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 6/2/2014 depglass said:

Let's see, Beauty and Jewelry vs. Computers and Mattresses, the choice is easy for me.

Agree!

Yes, turn off the TV and read a book.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
On 6/2/2014 sun8shine said:

HSN has a lot of beauty brands that I would love to see at QVC and it seems like their offerings are always growing.

HSN has

TooFaced

Korres

Hourglass

Lancôme

Benefit

ETC

I can get these items (or check it out 1st) if I wanted to at my Ulta...minus a few you named. Or Sephora as many can. I like that they have Trish McEvoy though on HSN! Love it!

Trish is SO obviously overpriced $$ yes, but lI do ove and use many of her things.

But I still enjoy and really watch mostly QVC..it has a vast array of lines I enjoy and find great; from my Elemis skincare to Bobbi B., Micro-pedi and more, it's just a better place or me...a bit more fun to watch as HSN just doesn't appeal to me--maybe Q is just habit! LOL. But lately I have bought a few things from HSN enjoying most of all the flex pay and free shipping which is so great.. makes me wonder why QVC doesn't do that very much as far as I can see on most things I have wanted. I mean it truly is a wonderful incentive.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Super Contributor
On 6/3/2014 Mar5775 said:
On 6/2/2014 sun8shine said:

HSN has a lot of beauty brands that I would love to see at QVC and it seems like their offerings are always growing.

HSN has

TooFaced

Korres

Hourglass

Lancôme

Benefit

ETC

I can get these items (or check it out 1st) if I wanted to at my Ulta...minus a few you named. Or Sephora as many can. I like that they have Trish McEvoy though on HSN! Love it!

Trish is SO obviously overpriced $$ yes, but lI do ove and use many of her things.

But I still enjoy and really watch mostly QVC..it has a vast array of lines I enjoy and find great; from my Elemis skincare to Bobbi B., Micro-pedi and more, it's just a better place or me...a bit more fun to watch as HSN just doesn't appeal to me--maybe Q is just habit! LOL. But lately I have bought a few things from HSN enjoying most of all the flex pay and free shipping which is so great.. makes me wonder why QVC doesn't do that very much as far as I can see on most things I have wanted. I mean it truly is a wonderful incentive.

I agree with everything you said. That is why I wish there were some more great brands at the Q. (keeping the great ones the Q already has). And you are totally right I made that list and then I was like Duh - Trish McEvoy...