Esteemed Contributor

QVC's TILI beauty advent calendar gets roasted!

Youtube beauty guru Alexandria Ryan unboxes the QVC beauty advent calendar, item A399873.

She paid full price aka $79 for this one and in her opinion it's worse than the Sephora beauty advent calendar (which beauty gurus have been panning for years). QVC customers have also panned the QVC Try It, Love It beauty calendar by giving it 2.2 stars out of 5.

Get ready to bust a gut laughing your head off at this youtube beauty video. I would include a youtube link but the mods would probably yank my post. But just put the name Alexandria Ryan into the youtube search engine and you'll pull up the video which was posted a day ago. There's 1200+ comments about the QVC advent calendar too.

Free sample foil packets like a mouthwash that you rehydrate and a single use vitamin pill aren't worthy of a beauty advent calendar and those single use foil packets are what are given out for free when you buy beauty items. Even on clearance for $49.86, this isn't a good value. I laughed that the ratings went down from a 2.2 to a 2.1 since Alexandria filmed her video.

Reddit also gets in on the fun in their BeautyGuruChatter subreddit. You can easily find the discussion there as well. Again I think that the mods would yank my post if I linked to the post.

Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC's TILI beauty advent calendar gets roasted!

@TY   That YouTube video is funny!  Thank you for the laugh tonight.

Trusted Contributor

Omg, that was hilarious.  She did like Kim's Kisser Fixer, but had no clue , which was so funny.  The whole box was a joke.

Esteemed Contributor

@TY wrote:

Youtube beauty guru Alexandria Ryan unboxes the QVC beauty advent calendar, item A399873.

She paid full price aka $79 for this one and in her opinion it's worse than the Sephora beauty advent calendar (which beauty gurus have been panning for years). QVC customers have also panned the QVC Try It, Love It beauty calendar by giving it 2.2 stars out of 5.

Get ready to bust a gut laughing your head off at this youtube beauty video. I would include a youtube link but the mods would probably yank my post. But just put the name Alexandria Ryan into the youtube search engine and you'll pull up the video which was posted a day ago. There's 1200+ comments about the QVC advent calendar too.

Free sample foil packets like a mouthwash that you rehydrate and a single use vitamin pill aren't worthy of a beauty advent calendar and those single use foil packets are what are given out for free when you buy beauty items. Even on clearance for $49.86, this isn't a good value. I laughed that the ratings went down from a 2.2 to a 2.1 since Alexandria filmed her video.

Reddit also gets in on the fun in their BeautyGuruChatter subreddit. You can easily find the discussion there as well. Again I think that the mods would yank my post if I linked to the post.

@TY wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  That is ridiculous for what she paid for it.   Thanks for the laugh!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

That review was pretty funny and totally acurate!

Respected Contributor

QVC deserved to be roasted for that advent calendar. 79 bucks for a pile of samples is outrageous! The video was spot on and she was hysterical! Happy she found the elusive single sheet mask!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

@TY 

Hi speaking of Beauty advent calendars . I went to my local Trader Joes . They have an adorble one for $19.99 . Here is a rundown on what's included :

Info for what is in it  is from the TinyBeans website 

check out adorable sized items that include grapefruit ultra moisturizing hand cream, peel-off charcoal face mask, hair mask, cucumber green tea sugar cube scrub, Vitamin C serum, toasted marshmallow body butter, kombucha black tea cleansing oil, winter citrus shampoo, conditioner, body wash, berry lip mask, frosted cranberry body butter and Chai shimmer body wash.

You can find the calendar in the beauty aisle of your local Trader Joe’s for $19.99––but not for long.