Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC's Beauty Customer Choice Awards nominees seems a bit odd.

On 8/16/2014 wackers said:

Everything about these Customer Choice Awards is really just a marketing gimmick. Sadly, many who just occasionally tune in really believe all the hype. Every year we see repeats of the same old products (that are definitely not popular here on the BB ) win. It annoys me because it makes me feel like QVC just considers us all idiots - like we really buy in to the whole silly thing having any validity whatsoever. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Yes, just another sales ploy.

There's clearly nothing legitimate about these "awards", and I think it's kind of insulting to the intelligence of viewers.

But whatever. It's a shopping channel so they're going to pull out every gimmick they can.

Kiss

Esteemed Contributor

The beauty award is a marketing tool only and has about as much legitimacy as those beauty ""clinical studies"" do. The companies that makes the most money for QVC are the ""nominees"" picked by QVC.
Super Contributor

It is all bogus..it's so they can claim that their customers "chose" the products that, in reality, QVC chose!

Another scam...and who can take pride in "winning" a FAKE contest!?

Respected Contributor

I see. So it was a sales ploy all along. I thought it was a bit odd. Because I was thinking, "oh, boy! I know exactly who and what I'm going to nominate for the QVC Beauty Award." Then I saw that the nominees were already picked, so it seems a bit disingenuous.

Oh, well. Thanks again to everyone who explained it.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder