Respected Contributor

QVC it’s finally time that.......

.....you finally disclose that some of the models have lash enhancements when doing mascara demonstrations. You can so see them on several of the models in the before & after pictures, during the Tarte presentation tonight with Shawn. Just saying 😱
Contributor

Re: QVC it’s finally time that.......

I saw it too.. when the model turned to the side before the mascara application I could see the inserts. I also think it looks rediculous when they have those awful spider lashes, no one looks good like that. 

Respected Contributor

I also noticed in the before the models are wearing primer or foundation that is skin color on their lashes, making them look almost invisible, so they seem even more miraculous after applying mascara. 

Honored Contributor

Even print and television ads require that it be disclosed. 

Super Contributor

I thought the same thing watching those demos.  Shame on you Q!

Respected Contributor

@Desi  I notice the powder on the models with JM's mascara.

Honored Contributor

@charlygeorge wrote:

I saw it too.. when the model turned to the side before the mascara application I could see the inserts. I also think it looks rediculous when they have those awful spider lashes, no one looks good like that. 

@charlygeorge   Oh, way too many women arrive in my chair w/ clumpy, spider lashes. In this, and many other makeup applications, more is not better. More than 2 coats or too dry/old mascara or not at least combing them through is usually the culprit. 

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
.....you finally disclose that some of the models have lash enhancements when doing mascara demonstrations. You can so see them on several of the models in the before & after pictures, during the Tarte presentation tonight with Shawn. Just saying 😱

@Naturesbeauty   I assume that women on TV, movies, ads...all are wearing falsies unless stated otherwise. Without them, eyes are invisible. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Naturesbeauty   I assume that women on TV, movies, ads...all are wearing falsies unless stated otherwise. Without them, eyes are invisible. 

@Shanus I understand your post 100% but as a consumer who does purchase beauty products I think we deserve to be told the truth. I am very aware of the tactics the beauty industry does to sell products. So, I don’t always believe what I see or hear on TV and in magazines. The beauty industry is out of control with “untruths” about what products can do. It’s never going to change. For example: Argan oil CANNOT tighten your arms or legs! Just saying.......😱 (just a note: My daughter is a licensed estheticianRN. So I learn a lot from her.)
Super Contributor

@charlygeorge wrote:

I missed that demo @charlygeorge but definitely agree with you about those hideous spider lashes. It seems that every vendor that sells/demos mascara always gushes how gorgeous and amazing those Black Widow Spider lashes look.

At least I now know that I'm not the only one who thinks they are just plain ugly!