Valued Contributor

QVC hand sanitizer is not for virus! It is anti-bacterial

I feel the demonstration is misleading. Only alcohol or bleach kill Covid-19. This product only kills bacterial and contains neither product which kill virus.

They are selling them so quickly because people are being mislead by David and the guy selling the product.

Please be aware, that this sanitizer will not kill Covid.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC hand sanitizer is not for virus! It is anti-bacterial

I didn't see the presentation, but you're correct.  Only alcohol-based sanitizers, minimum 60% alcohol, will be effective against COVID-19.  Perhaps you should bring it to the attention of the moderators, so they can tell the hosts.

Trusted Contributor

@Ceci  Thank you for that information!

@Venezia Thanks for mentioning the alcohol content - I checked mine and it's 62%. There's a statement on the bottle: "Helps reduce bacteria on the skin that could cause diseases."

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Please note: Lysol kills viruses too. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Viruses are killed by soap and water on your hands. Other methods kill bacteria.  Ask a scientist to verify.  Of course, if you don’t have access to soap and water, a typical hand sanitizer is certainly better than nothing.

Trusted Contributor

I could be wrong but I thought they said several times there was no alcohol in it.  I didn't see the whole presentation as I was doing other things but I thought I heard them say that several times.  Correct me if I am wrong, for that reason along with others I wasn't going to purchase it.

Honored Contributor

I ordered santizer from the info I posted recently in wellness. Got free shipping and ordered 4 bottles. They sold out of their 4 oz and went to a 4 oz. It is 80 %!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Dr Dubrows is also not alcohol based. 

Valued Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Viruses are killed by soap and water on your hands. Other methods kill bacteria.  Ask a scientist to verify.  Of course, if you don’t have access to soap and water, a typical hand sanitizer is certainly better than nothing.

I don't know what scientists you are referring to. Everything I've read, including from the CDC, states that alcohol in high percentages does kill viruses, including covid 19.

Respected Contributor

I just ordered some hand sanitizer from Poo Pouri's website.  It is 65% alcohol.