Frequent Contributor

QVC dragging down HSN beauty

Amy’s beauty shows have always been entertaining and a great showcase for new products including K-beauty. Tonite, more IT cosmetics?! What is next, Philosophy? It is a shame to see Beauty IQ disappear and the same boring products migrate from QVC to HSN. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC dragging down HSN beauty

The Q and HSN are "sister companies"..........not sworn enemies

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@philom wrote:

Amy’s beauty shows have always been entertaining and a great showcase for new products including K-beauty. Tonite, more IT cosmetics?! What is next, Philosophy? It is a shame to see Beauty IQ disappear and the same boring products migrate from QVC to HSN. 

@philom: Not sure I understand how QVC is dragging down HSN (???) 

Esteemed Contributor

IT, Philosophy, etc. are boring no matter what channel they are on.  I was hoping the buzz bout new vendors meant "new" vendors not a musical chairs of the ones already on forever.  

Frequent Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@philom wrote:

@philom: Not sure I understand how QVC is dragging down HSN (???) 

Qvc’s tired old product line is being replicated on hsn, displacing new, more innovative products and vendors. I also see less free shipping and fewer “wow” offers. Musical chairs is well put. Fortunately, there are plenty of options for buying beauty.

Respected Contributor

I used to love the variety that both offered. I really don't like the crossover that has been occurring in recent months. They both are owned by the same company but would appreciate a little diversity.

Contributor

I agree that now it seems that the 2 are merging into one big shopping channel. Clarks, D&B, certain foods, skincare, beauty, etc all just rotated back and forth. Musical chairs is a good way to describe what is going on. With all the thousands of products on the market, the 2 channels decide to just move around the same old vendors. What a missed opportunity.
Frequent Contributor

HSN=QVC-South

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:

IT, Philosophy, etc. are boring no matter what channel they are on.  I was hoping the buzz bout new vendors meant "new" vendors not a musical chairs of the ones already on forever.  

I know exactly what you're saying.....its the same old, same old. 

Esteemed Contributor

This has been discussed quite a bit on here but I have to say ITA with all of you.  I liked it when they were separate as there was some competition.  As someone mentioned HSN is having less and less free shipping and their prices are also escalating!!

Gone are the good ol' days..........