Respected Contributor

QVC beauty products migrating to HSN

I am a fan of the collaboration/merger of HSN and QVC.

Just recently noticed that the Q's beauty products are now also being shown on HSN: IT and Doll10 will show up in December.

Wondering if any HSN beauty products will migrate to the Q? Adrienne??

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC beauty products migrating to HSN

I'm not a fan of products appearing on both channels.  What's the point?  Then HSN may as well change its name to QVC4 or whatever number it is by now.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I'm not a fan of products appearing on both channels.  What's the point?  Then HSN may as well change its name to QVC4 or whatever number it is by now.

@kaydee50: From a marketing/consumer psychology standpoint, the merger makes sense, whether or not specific fans approve. Many consumers only or mainly follow HSN or QVC. 

So, IT, for example, gets exposed to more market. That's what happened when Dooney tried HSN. However, marketing folk are always looking at profit and sales #s. If there are not enough sales in the new venue, fewer appearances.

Even Chaz Dean recently shared that his shows have to demonstrate a certain number of sales during the show for him to be invited to other desired time slots.

If the product is great, I'm all for letting more consumers know about it. As it stands now, HSN and QVC each have hundreds and hundreds of products that are NOT appearing on both venues.

Trusted Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

I am a fan of the collaboration/merger of HSN and QVC.

Just recently noticed that the Q's beauty products are now also being shown on HSN: IT and Doll10 will show up in December.

Wondering if any HSN beauty products will migrate to the Q? Adrienne??

@1Professor   Will the beauty products that are going to HSN still be available on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Lisa Y: Yes.

It's just an EXTRA place to buy the product!

Plus not all the line is shown. On Dooney, for example, only a few styles of handbag made it to HSN.

Honored Contributor

IMO we see an overload of these products on one channel; who needs them on two?  My TV goes off when Josie, Philosophy,  or It appear.  This will mean more "off" clicks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't mind if QVC and HSN sell some of the same items. I don't get why some take issue with it. IMHO, this is a non issue. Shop with QVC or HSN or both...or not!!!