Honored Contributor

Here is one thng ot keep in mind, today I received a 20% off coupon from HSN for one item, I will never receive that from the Q, so see same item on both, buy it from HSN!!

Trusted Contributor

Andrew is probably next....If the sales volume and the savings are passed on to us, I am all in. But that rarely happensWoman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@FLGators wrote:

Andrew is probably next....If the sales volume and the savings are passed on to us, I am all in. But that rarely happensWoman Tongue

Remember Andrew, Perlier and Joy all started on the Q , then deflected to HSN.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC/HSN Cross Overs

[ Edited ]

Judith Ripka is debuting on HSN sometime this month I think it is.

I have said more than once I really see a merger between both companies down the road and one of them going away.  There is no reason for 2 channels to sell the same exact products. 

If I were the hosts on HSN, I'd be a little nervous.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Judith Ripka is debuting on HSN sometime this month I think it is.

I have said more than once I really see a merger between both companies down the road and one of them going away.  There is no reason for 2 channels to sell the same exact products. 

If I were the hosts on HSN, I'd be a little nervous.

Makes perfect sense!! Both have beautiful fascilities and we all know the WX in FL is alot more desireable than PA.

Regular Contributor

@cyw_3825, I totally agree with you. I know it probably sounds weird, but I do understand what you're saying. What is the point? Why can't they just remain separate and continue how they've been? It's like a odd kind of loyalty thing, and all of the channel jumping just turns me off.

And, yes, I readily admit, I am also resistant to change.

And quite honestly, I have not seen any benefit to the customer from these changes. Why make changes like these that cause the customer to be turned off and spend less? That has been the impact to my shopping behavior at least.

Trusted Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@cyw_3825: I don't mean to be critical. But, I don't understand what the concern is regarding QVC and HSN selling some of the same items. To me, it's no different than, for example, shopping at Macy's and JC Penney. Meaning, you can shop at one, you can shop at the other OR you can shop at both. It's all a matter of choice. Smiley Happy

I agree with you.  The brands which QVC sells can be found anywhere so it doesn't matter to me that they are on HSN as well now.  I rarely watch HSN to begin with so maybe that's why I don't see that its a big deal.  Its actually more of a convenience now.

Frequent Contributor

I’ve received many 20% off coupons from HSN!

Frequent Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

@cyw_3825, I totally agree with you. I know it probably sounds weird, but I do understand what you're saying. What is the point? Why can't they just remain separate and continue how they've been? It's like a odd kind of loyalty thing, and all of the channel jumping just turns me off.

And quite honestly, I have not seen any benefit to the customer from these changes. Why make changes like these that cause the customer to be turned off and spend less? That has been the impact to my shopping behavior at least.

I have recently spent much less on both QVC and HSN since all these cross overs. I just don’t care for them!

Frequent Contributor

@cyw_3825 wrote:

@mom2four wrote:

I have recently spent much less on both QVC and HSN since all these cross overs. I just don’t care for them!

And I was quite the big spender! Not as much any more.