Frequent Contributor

I readily admit that I’m resistant to change, but I just don’t 

like seeing Beauty Bioscience on QVC. I had to do a double take. I relate Beauty Bioscience to HSN. Yes, I know QVC now owns HSN...blah, blah, blah. However, I appreciate one brand per one home shopping channel. I don’t like these cross overs. It’s stupid. Both QVC & HSN don’t both need to sell Beauty Bioscience, Dooney & Burke, etc. I just don’t like it. I know it sounds sort of weird, but still. Too many changes. It’s turning me off. I don’t like the new graphics on HSN either. I hope I don’t turn on HSN tomorrow morning and see Josie Maran!

Trusted Contributor

OMG I thinking about this today after the Keurig TS on HSN. Thank you for staring this thread. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC/HSN Cross Overs

[ Edited ]

I was curious how QVC is liking Joy? I realize that could be it's own thread. Joy has many many products under her name and not under her name. 

Respected Contributor

@cyw_3825: I don't mean to be critical. But, I don't understand what the concern is regarding QVC and HSN selling some of the same items. To me, it's no different than, for example, shopping at Macy's and JC Penney. Meaning, you can shop at one, you can shop at the other OR you can shop at both. It's all a matter of choice. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I saw the Keurig on HSN too. Thumbs down! Keurig is QVC all the way! Can you imagine Adrienne Arpel on QVC!?!?!

Esteemed Contributor

@cyw_3825  I totally agree!

for me HSN website has link to qvc, but my qvc web doesn't have HSN link

I have a HSN cc card so if I could the few qvc items on my HSN card, that would be good.

Trusted Contributor

@cyw_3825 wrote:

I readily admit that I’m resistant to change, but I just don’t 

like seeing Beauty Bioscience on QVC. I had to do a double take. I relate Beauty Bioscience to HSN. Yes, I know QVC now owns HSN...blah, blah, blah. However, I appreciate one brand per one home shopping channel. I don’t like these cross overs. It’s stupid. Both QVC & HSN don’t both need to sell Beauty Bioscience, Dooney & Burke, etc. I just don’t like it. I know it sounds sort of weird, but still. Too many changes. It’s turning me off. I don’t like the new graphics on HSN either. I hope I don’t turn on HSN tomorrow morning and see Josie Maran!

@cyw_3825I feel the same - and just saw the BioScience tool wondering why it was on both and was thought on night why is the "My Pillow" guy was on there on HSN? Maybe some don't like Q or HSN as I didn't and they wanna reach as many peeps as possible... both are merely a sales company out to make $$$ ..it ends at that really.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

I understand why they are doing a crossover between the channels. According to all the data available online and the quarterly stockholder reports, HSN shoppers typically spend less, have a lower disposable income and make less overall purchases compared to the QVC shopper. It looks to me as if QVC is trying to expand the market over both channels. HSN now sells Clarks shoes. The Clarks offered on HSN are the entry level Clarks. Same with some of the Dooney bags. They moved Vince Camuto over to the Q which makes sense when you look at the demographics for each channel. I think they are trying to appeal to the average customer at each channel and offer products that fit the demographics. I wonder if they will move Heidi Daus back over to QVC? She has a strong following on HSN but I wouldn't be surprised if we see her on the Q. 

Frequent Contributor

You can be critical. I don’t care. I’m just stating my opinion and feelings. I’m guessing too that QVC & HSN shoppers are probably more loyal and dedicated shoppers than those who shop at Macy’s & JCPenney. Plus, I don’t think you can compare Macy’s & JCPenney. Macy’s is a couple of steps up from JCPenney. Sears & JCPenney, yeah, but not Macy’s & JCPenney.

Valued Contributor

@mimi5775 Totally off subject. I just saw your signature about your son. I can't imagine the pain and sorrow. I am so sorry and will keep you in my prayers.