Honored Contributor

Re: QVC FINALLY DID IT-I'LL NEVER BUY PHILOSOPHY PRODUCTS AS OF TODAY.

Judging by what I recall of the OP's postings, if someone ELSE had written this lengthy tirade, she would have reamed them for it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

NRe: QVC FINALLY DID IT-I'LL NEVER BUY PHILOSOPHY PRODUCTS AS OF TODAY.

[ Edited ]
I understand OP. Its weird, I can watch a marathon if House Hunters orLaw and Order, but notso with Q programming. I think theyve oversaturated it with the programming.
Valued Contributor

redhead87,

your font is ridiculously small and i've got good eyesight. just a heads up. 

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Trusted Contributor

I'm very sorry . I used the #3  sized font, so I don't understand that.

Frequent Contributor

They actually have lots of new items and brace yourself.......July is a big month for them.  I  love Philosophy, and enjoy the shows. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

Super Contributor

Yep, Chinese water torture is probably an accurate description. I also sometimes have QVC on for background noise while I'm doing something else. All I need to hear is Mary Lynn voice and I drop everyone and shut the TV off.
Valued Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I never saw it coming really. It wasn't planned, preconceived,  or even given much thought. I've been with QVC from the beginning, not a consistent viewer, but a long -term consumer. Like most of us, I'm very aware of the products, programs and most of what takes place at the Q, especially on air. You can't help it if you've been shopping for as long as I have been. It's not been bad, often very helpful, especially for holiday shopping.

But also like most of us who frequent here, I've been concerned and vocal about the programming this past year and how it has gone down hill  in my opinion. We all know of our disgust with the repetitive shows, not enough fresh products, etc. and herin lies my complaint.

Without any forethought, when the two-hour Philosophy show came on AGAIN this afternoon ( of course it did, it is Saturday, isn't it ??) something inside of me snapped! It wasn't loud, dramatic, or earth shattering ! I just caved mentally. I knew "they" won. And with all I hold near and dear, I arose from my chair with the strongest conviction ever that I was DONE. It was almost peaceful it was so over...finally.

You see, for me, I have seen my last Philosophy show, my last bowl of sudsy bubbles, listed to my last description of verbose scenes describing fragrances and scents. QVC has over-dosed me so much, so often, with too many shows of the same old thing, that I can not comprehend enduring it any more. It would make no sense to me. I liken it to "chinese water torture". Constant, constant endurance of the same old thing, never changing, always around the corner, always in my face. I'm over-saturated and can't handle it any more.

This will be no loss to Philosophy as I have not been one to keep their coffers full in the first place. Not because of the quality of their products, but maily because I've been more dedicated to other brands, and I have also not been convicted enough to change.

Please understand this !   I am not making any derogatory complaints about the contents, use, or efficacy of any Philosophy products. I believe they are as good as any that I purchase from other dedicated vendors who are devoted to excellent skin care. I admire the efforts of the company and the people employed by Philosophy and the extent to which they have developed the brand and its worldwide appeal.

I just can't handle being over-dosed every weekend plus many days during the week and weeknights that I happen to get a chance to watch QVC for any other reasons. It feels like an effort in brain washing to induce me to purchase.( It reminds me of that little pesty sales clerk in stores that follows you around bothering you while you browse trying to make a sale. I won't buy from them either. I usually will just leave and go elsewhere.)  So,  that is what I am doing.

and for some reason, I actually feel FREE at last !

Oh, I'm not totally leaving QVC, but you can be assured I won't be watching Philosophy shows any more.....

EVER !  And truthfully, I'm wondering if this is beginning a trend in my thinking concerning ALL of the programs they are offering too frequently ?

I am happy for you dedicated Philosophy girls, I truly am. I am being very sincere here. I guess I just don't have your patience and dedication.

Anyway, the real issue today is that we all celebrate our nation's independence and have a fantastic weekend !

ETA:   I had to add that my comments may have been misleading:  I don't sit and force myself to watch these two-hour shows while comiserating. Like some people, I often do business, cook or clean house, etc., with the TV on for background noise. There isn't much else on to watch on Saturday's in the afternoon's so that is why I hear a lot of QVC programming, and thus my comments.

HAPPY JULY 4TH TO EVERYONE HERE ON THE QVC FORUMS !!   Heart Woman Very Happy

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I never saw it coming really. It wasn't planned, preconceived,  or even given much thought. I've been with QVC from the beginning, not a consistent viewer, but a long -term consumer. Like most of us, I'm very aware of the products, programs and most of what takes place at the Q, especially on air. You can't help it if you've been shopping for as long as I have been. It's not been bad, often very helpful, especially for holiday shopping.

But also like most of us who frequent here, I've been concerned and vocal about the programming this past year and how it has gone down hill  in my opinion. We all know of our disgust with the repetitive shows, not enough fresh products, etc. and herin lies my complaint.

Without any forethought, when the two-hour Philosophy show came on AGAIN this afternoon ( of course it did, it is Saturday, isn't it ??) something inside of me snapped! It wasn't loud, dramatic, or earth shattering ! I just caved mentally. I knew "they" won. And with all I hold near and dear, I arose from my chair with the strongest conviction ever that I was DONE. It was almost peaceful it was so over...finally.

You see, for me, I have seen my last Philosophy show, my last bowl of sudsy bubbles, listed to my last description of verbose scenes describing fragrances and scents. QVC has over-dosed me so much, so often, with too many shows of the same old thing, that I can not comprehend enduring it any more. It would make no sense to me. I liken it to "chinese water torture". Constant, constant endurance of the same old thing, never changing, always around the corner, always in my face. I'm over-saturated and can't handle it any more.

This will be no loss to Philosophy as I have not been one to keep their coffers full in the first place. Not because of the quality of their products, but maily because I've been more dedicated to other brands, and I have also not been convicted enough to change.

Please understand this !   I am not making any derogatory complaints about the contents, use, or efficacy of any Philosophy products. I believe they are as good as any that I purchase from other dedicated vendors who are devoted to excellent skin care. I admire the efforts of the company and the people employed by Philosophy and the extent to which they have developed the brand and its worldwide appeal.

I just can't handle being over-dosed every weekend plus many days during the week and weeknights that I happen to get a chance to watch QVC for any other reasons. It feels like an effort in brain washing to induce me to purchase.( It reminds me of that little pesty sales clerk in stores that follows you around bothering you while you browse trying to make a sale. I won't buy from them either. I usually will just leave and go elsewhere.)  So,  that is what I am doing.

and for some reason, I actually feel FREE at last !

Oh, I'm not totally leaving QVC, but you can be assured I won't be watching Philosophy shows any more.....

EVER !  And truthfully, I'm wondering if this is beginning a trend in my thinking concerning ALL of the programs they are offering too frequently ?

I am happy for you dedicated Philosophy girls, I truly am. I am being very sincere here. I guess I just don't have your patience and dedication.

Anyway, the real issue today is that we all celebrate our nation's independence and have a fantastic weekend !

ETA:   I had to add that my comments may have been misleading:  I don't sit and force myself to watch these two-hour shows while comiserating. Like some people, I often do business, cook or clean house, etc., with the TV on for background noise. There isn't much else on to watch on Saturday's in the afternoon's so that is why I hear a lot of QVC programming, and thus my comments.

HAPPY JULY 4TH TO EVERYONE HERE ON THE QVC FORUMS !!   Heart Woman Very Happy

Please do not feel so hurt by some of these rude people criticizing your post. You were just giving an opinion like everybody does on these forums, yours was just a little lengthy, thats ok, you got out your thoughts nothing different from anybody else posting. Some said turn off the T.V. if you do not like, I say if they were not interestted in your post, they can very easily go to another one. I know you messed up on the font, but it is over and done with. Take care and happy 4th!!

Honored Contributor

Oh gosh.......I feel the same way about Dyson.    I just can't imagine wrestling with a vacuum cleaner that's bigger than I am.............Then, there's the guy with the mop and huge bucket........how do you empty that thing???

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is true QVC prticipates in a selling style called "narrow branding".  This is associating yourself with a brand in hopes it will create hundreds of thousands of customers giving testimonials, and such on their brand.  Narrow branding shows a limited amount of products over and over.  They want to create a "club" around that brand.  Don't ask me how all this works, but it does.  But it has driven me away, and many others I know.  Think of all the "clubs" the narrow branding has created like Linea, Lock n lock, denim and company, pollack, ripka, temptations, philosophy, and Gilli to name a few. QVC creates a brand called Gilli.  They create a lifestyle around it. Then people get excited to see every Gilli show, and buy the newest product.  People like to associate themselves with a better known brand.  They just do..  They are shown over and over, eventually people break down and try it, then form ties and loyalty to that brand.

Anyway, just one explanation, QVC never personally told me this, LOL!  I just guessed/

They used to show hundreds and hundreds of unique, unusual things.  Every day new things, new brands, along with a few regular products.  Now it is like they show a few brands a day, just different things in that brand.

Esteemed Contributor

I can understand the OP's frustration at repetitive programming. If I never see another computer, tablet, or Bose program, I'll be happy. I don't want to even try some of the beauty brands after watching some of the nonsense sales pitches.