Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC FINALLY DID IT-I'LL NEVER BUY PHILOSOPHY PRODUCTS AS OF TODAY.

I agree with your comment on everything, but I did not know that HSN did that because I don't have time to watch much TV. It's a marvelous idea and evidentally they aren't afraid it will reduce viewers tunning in for shows.

Glad you mentioned it! I  will check them out more thoroughly for that benefit.

Thanks so much !  Heart

Trusted Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

First and foremost for me I would never buy Philosophy for a number of reasons: I do my best to try not to buy from companies that do animal testing and Philosophy tests on animals.  Then there is the pricing which IMO is way too much to pay for chemicals.  I don't watch the Q much anymore because for every show they have I could repeat the lines verbatim.  There is no longer any quality control and everything has a "made in China" tag.  I am tired of all the product lines across the board and do not like the direction they have chosen to go.  However, it is not my problem because I have chosen not to watch anymore.  If I want something online - I buy it.  Otherwise, I shop elsewhere.  Time is to0 precious to waste on things you can't control - my television remote I have total control over.  Change the channel.

I do not disagree with anything that you said because you make a lot of good sense, but I don't want you thinking that I spend a lot of time just watching QVC (or any TV for that matter) and am so stuck on it that I can't change the channel or remove myself from these overly -aired shows.

You don't have to be glued to these shows if you are a long-term consumer

of QVC, and watched initially to learn products and at times keep plugged in. You can't help but get exasperated with much in general because of over-exposure and that comes from the time you do invest they are constantly repeating the same products and vendors.

The most aggravation of all comes from wondering why they don't understand or acknowledge this and work diligently to please us old-timers as well as the newbies !

Programming changes are just obviously needed. Surely they employ people that could handle that !

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fitnessfreak wrote:
just wondering why you included entire previous posts in your short reply? Please don't take offense, I often wonder why people quote entire long posts within their reply, it's a lot to scroll through...and at the end of it is a single line like, "I agree", or something similar. Btw..this is just MY posting-pet-peeve in general, it's not directed at YOU personally. SIGH...hope I haven't stirred up a hornets nest....

I'm sorry if I am not succinct enough for you.  Heart

Perhaps in the future when you see my nicname, you would be less agitated if you just skip my posts entirely.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Re: QVC FINALLY DID IT-I'LL NEVER BUY PHILOSOPHY PRODUCTS AS OF TODAY.[ New ]

So why did you turn on QVC and watch a Philosophy show if you didn't want to see it again? QVC isn't the only channel on tv. I only watch QVC when they are airing a show of products I might be interested in.

I believe the OP clearly said, in plain English, that there was not much on her tv, she was cleaning house and had QVC on as background. Not everyone has 400 tv channels on their cable. She surely has the right to complain about repetitive tv programming, whether it is on QVC or on USA or any other network. If you don't like her complaints, I might make the same suggestion that you did, don't read it and switch forums, but I wouldn't be as snippy or rude to do that.

Valued Contributor

I think a lot of us are somewhere on a continuum of boredom with the Q.  For several years, I've pretty much always had it on as background if there wasn't something else I was actively watching.  Over the past year I notice I have to keep turning my volume lower and lower, because the sound of the repititve schtick gets on my nerves, so often I just mute and look up from time to time to see if anything of interest has come on.  Some shows I just have to turn off all together because I don't even like to see a glimpse of the screen when they are on. 

I agree with comments in the original post as to the Philosophy shows.  I noticed myself recently that they seem to be always 2-hour shows anymore!  A 1-hour show isn't so bad because they have to move things along, but with 2-hours, they spend 15 minutes or more on a single item, and who needs that? I mean it's just a shower gel!  Plus the high prices from the super sizes an packaged sets keep me from buying.  If I ever see anything I am curious to try, I usually go to Ebay and look for a bottle I can try without breaking the bank.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
New Contributor

I can't hold back. Getting to the point took you way too long.  What I got out of your 675 word essay was you like creative writing and listening to yourself talk.  To tell you the truth, you were as longwinded as the Philosophy or It Cosmetics presentations can be. All I do is change the channel when I "see it coming."  You'd be a great host or product representative.  

Valued Contributor

foxann333:  Well said.  (...and so succinct!)

Respected Contributor

I couldn't even read the post...the font size was so tiny and it was light green - there was no way I could see it...

Super Contributor

While I didn't plough thru all this, I read enough to think you are probably annacat back in yet another guise.
Contributor

Philosophy not QVC Clean Free?