Respected Contributor

Re: QVC FINALLY DID IT-I'LL NEVER BUY PHILOSOPHY PRODUCTS AS OF TODAY.

Learned a long time ago to Never Say Never.....because you never know!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

In my humble opinion, the super-sized items, especially the shower items, became ridiculously large. I know many people say they don't mind, but I don't want anything in my bath or shower that has to stay there that long. I also like a veriety of things to select from depending on my mood and the occassion, so these larger sizes are just too much. But you are most correct in how it involves pricing.

I agree on that point too, I often have a short attention span and get tired of things too quickly to need a lifetime supply of it.  There are certian things that I love and keep using, but a lot of things I get tired of and move on to the next.  It may be a better deal to buy in bulk, but it costs a lot of money at once, and I'd rather buy a smaller size at a smaller price.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, Philosophy is on way too much, however for me, its WEN!  Oh GOSH if I get one more new beauty tube or QVC discovery kit wit the SAME lavender WEN conditioner in it, im gonna scream!  Talk about pushing a product down your throat!  I tried the WEN on several occasions trying to like it, but it makes my long thick hair come out in handfuls!  Sorry, NO WEN!!!!!!!!! 

Regular Contributor

So sad for you to feel so fed up! That feeling stinks! But on one hand I do understand as we see so many of the same things over and over and over again....

I am relatively new to Philosophy so I am tuned in rather than tuned out. Smiley Happy They have a few new goodies in the works that I would love to see in an afforable set... 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

I agree same items day after day.  Also, same hosts day after day.  I am so sick of Shawn .  I have started just going into the program guide and lookin at the shows after they have aired to see if I want something.  I wish they would do like HSN and show the items for each show beforehand so purchasing would less of a hassle.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I don't really get it, I must say. QVC is a shopping channel, of course they're going to show the same stuff many times over. I get tired of seeing the same Philosophy products too, I just tune in to. See if there's a special offer or something new, because I think it's a really good line.
Trusted Contributor

First and foremost for me I would never buy Philosophy for a number of reasons: I do my best to try not to buy from companies that do animal testing and Philosophy tests on animals.  Then there is the pricing which IMO is way too much to pay for chemicals.  I don't watch the Q much anymore because for every show they have I could repeat the lines verbatim.  There is no longer any quality control and everything has a "made in China" tag.  I am tired of all the product lines across the board and do not like the direction they have chosen to go.  However, it is not my problem because I have chosen not to watch anymore.  If I want something online - I buy it.  Otherwise, I shop elsewhere.  Time is to0 precious to waste on things you can't control - my television remote I have total control over.  Change the channel.

Super Contributor

I have to agree with the OP and I understand her rant and why she felt the need to vent. I stopped watching QVC a long time ago, mainly because of their repetitive programming. They carry so much more merchandise. Like appliances, large appliances! Furniture, indoor and outdoor, but if you don't browse their site, you have no idea because they only televise the same products over and over. And I stopped buying Philosophy products a long time ago because they are not the same since they sold out to Coty.

We recently moved to another state and I did a lot of buying before, during and after.....I mean a lot! What I found amazing is how few items came from QVC! I also realized when looking at my order status how many returns I've made in the past year. I rarely ever had to return anything in the twenty or so years shopping the Q, but the quality of the merchandise has become sub par and way over priced.
Super Contributor

TURN THE CHANNEL

Super Contributor

just wondering why you included entire previous posts in your short reply? Please don't take offense, I often wonder why people quote entire long posts within their reply, it's a lot to scroll through...and at the end of it is a single line like, "I agree", or something similar. Btw..this is just MY posting-pet-peeve in general, it's not directed at YOU personally. SIGH...hope I haven't stirred up a hornets nest....