Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Expensive return policy!

@Lipstickdiva I don't know if your Sephora example was hypothetical or if this happens in your real life, but if it's the latter you could look into Sephora's Flash program.  You pay 10 dollars per year and you get free shipping no minimum on all online orders.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unless the product is a total qvc exclusive, to me it is a waste of money to buy from qvc.  Cosmetics like BB, Dior, it, Perricone, Dr Denise, etc can be bought at other stores, or online for less, with free shipping.  I buy my Perricone, and other skin care items from their website, or I shop nordie or neiman.   I get free gifts with purchase, mr rebates, reward points and much m ore.  With Perricone they have friends and family 25% off, and sometimes buy one get one free.  There is always free shipping and returns.  I haven't ever returned anything, but the option available

there are times when Bobbie Brown, neiman and Perricone offer 10% back with mrrebates!!!   Quite often I have spent 400 bucks, recieved  double reward points, 40$ back with. Mr rebates, and recieved 5 free samples PLUS a gift set that is often quite valuable.  I pay less, or exact QVC price, no shipping AND my purchases come in 3-4 days.  How can you beat that? Easy pay is no excuse to buy at qvc with that kind of deal! Even if you opted to put it on a card and pay it off in 3 payments, the interest would never add up to the rewards, cash back rebate, and gifts you get.  Free shipping would pay your interest.

qvc is a reputable company, and many like myself often bought because of their return policy.  They always mad everything good, so we trust them.  But now a days with all the competition most all companies offer money back refund. 

this is just my opinion of course.  Everyone has different life styles and reasons they buy from qvc, and pay more. There are rare times where qvc offers a special size of a skin care product.  But most of the time you will pay more at qvc for skin care, with shipping...minus samples and goodies.  And when was the last time qvc gave anyone anything free?  Wait, I did get a free sample once with wen.

Occasional Contributor

I must agree with your DH.  I have finally learned that it is too expensive to buy from QVC because heaven help you if you have to return something.  I have Rheumatoid Disease and it affects all my joints - feet included!  This makes buying shoes very difficult because my feel have become quite wide with the distortion of the joints.  In addition, I have not been to a mall, department or grocery store in years because of a failed back surgery.

I can no longer afford to TRY shoes I may like from QVC, I have lost tons of cash making returns of shoes that I cannot even get on my feet. 

I will be using the many online retailers that offer free returns and often free shipping.  I can understand the policy for cosmetics due to health reasons but QVC has gone overboard with their charges for returns.  They are making a mint just with those fees!!

Honored Contributor

@beautydiva  Start shopping at Nordstrom or Saks or Neiman Marcus for makeup.  Free shpg., free returns.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing that helps is if you use PayPal to pay for your Q purchases and then have to return them, PayPal will refund what it cost to ship it back

Just Google:

PayPal Return Shipping on Us

....for more details.

Respected Contributor

@beautydiva wrote:

I love the Q  but you buy a foundation it the wrong color, or anything for that fact.  I pay $3  shipping which is a great price but shipping price should be part of your return considering I have to pay $6.95 to return it.  

So this item cost me $10 just to try it and find out i don't like it.  Boy this is annoying, when it comes to foundation you really need to see the colors and try it out and return it for free at a store.    Anyways  I really wish QVC would do like free returns like Nordstoms and so many other companies or refund the shipping costs like other companies do.  The Q is a billion dollar buisness.  I just find this sad..  Anyone else feel this way

Yes.

I do not buy a foundation from QVC unless I've tested it in person OR found a beauty blogger who uses the same shades I do finds one that matches her. 

Honored Contributor

I know this thread is old, but  I thought for some time now Q hosts have been saying there are free exchanges on cosmetics, clothing, etc.  A year or so ago I returned a pair of Linea jeans for anoher size.  That size wasn't available so I was charged postage for the return and didn't get my original shipping cost refunded.  "Buyer Beware" I guess.  Shawn is always saying if you order the wrong shade/color you can exchange it for free.