Regular Contributor

QVC Clean Beauty Category...Why isn't WEN included??

Does anyone know what is in WEN products that would cause them not to qualify as CLEAN BEAUTY? I was under the impression WEN was all natural with no toxic chemicals. Any ideas as to what is unhealthy in WEN products? I was thinking of giving it a try. Now I'm not so sure. Thank you in advance for any help you have time to give.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Clean Beauty Category...Why isn't WEN included??

[ Edited ]

@lindseyemmie wrote:

Does anyone know what is in WEN products that would cause them not to qualify as CLEAN BEAUTY? I was under the impression WEN was all natural with no toxic chemicals. Any ideas as to what is unhealthy in WEN products? I was thinking of giving it a try. Now I'm not so sure. Thank you in advance for any help you have time to give.

WEN products contain artificial chemical preservatives which disqualify them from the clean category.

This one:  trimethylsilylamodimethicone. When parabens (another type of cosmetic preservative) are not used in a product then a different type of preservative must be used. Sometimes the alternatives are not so good.

Respected Contributor

Not sure but maybe because not  all have had good results?   I have a friend who got in on the lawsuit because her hair fell out while using it.  I've used it with no problems however.

Honored Contributor

Clean Beauty just another buzz word to sell stuff

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee is correct.  WEN is not all natural and has never claimed to be.  Check the list of ingredients that QVC is using for their “Clean Beauty” category, then check a WEN label.

Honored Contributor

@lindseyemmie wrote:

@lindseyemmie   My dd uses WEN and said when she read the ingredient deck, it seems to have more/different additives. They may not have passed.

Honored Contributor

I’m thinking if I can’t pronounce what’s in a product, it’s not allowed on the clean list!!

Honored Contributor

@geezeretteI agree -  that buzzword list of persuaders gets longer every year -   new, improved, natural, organic, sugar-free, gluten-free, etc.  Take your pick.

I'm cynical --  I care how my body reacts more than what the retailers and their advertisers tell me. The more I understand my own body, the easier it is for me to treat it well --  inside and out!