Valued Contributor

For what it's worth ~ I am REALLY enjoying the QVC TV channels lately.  Maybe it's the deals or brands or hosts? I'm able to listen to Presenters and feel like ordering something again.  Even if I don't need it! Sometimes I just like to have the channel on and listen to the brand's spokesperson because I learn more about Beauty Products and Proper Skincare. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC BEAUTY ON TV

[ Edited ]

I tots agree!

I love QVC for beauty, fashion, housewares... I watch all the channels all the time and order regularly.  Sometimes the hosts get annoying but who doesn't.  I do find myself laughing with them and being entertained. It's also a great break from the NEWS!

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC BEAUTY ON TV

[ Edited ]

A lot of Beauty Brands presenters give us viewers general Skincare and Treatment lessons like Elemis'  Emire (sp?).  They need to be allowed the on-air time to talk to us and teach us.  I've learned so much from makeup presenters too - Bare Minerals, Laura Geller, Josie Maran and more.  This is why I started watching QVC in the beginning over 13 years ago.  And I've spent a great deal of money there for my Beauty and Makeup products.  I like to keep up to date with New Discoveries and Products ~ it's good to have choices. 

Tonight I'm ENJOYING the ELEMIS presentation because it's like the classic QVC BEAUTY SHOWS!  Pleasant polite host, Elemis'  lovely presenter Emire who's so informative and simply (without silliness or giggling) talking about the brand and good skincare plus healthy choices.  I'm all for taking high quality supplements and good diet to optimize health and natural beauty. We need more shows like this one!

Honored Contributor

@BSurLife65 

Sounds like you're being "influenced" (g)  Do they have new hosts?  Is there a major difference in how they've been told to present the products?

Honored Contributor

@justashopper 

Even tho I don't watch QVC anymore, it's nice to read positive remarks about the channel and hosts.  If they would lose the shipping charges and high prices, I'd be interested in shopping here again.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@BSurLife65 

Sounds like you're being "influenced" (g)  Do they have new hosts?  Is there a major difference in how they've been told to present the products?

Not sure what you're asking - a couple of the usual hosts aren't on this week so product presentations ARE different like "old days".  I like that - I can't stand the goofy silly loud hour long product features that seem to ignore the Products in favor of personal stories that I'm NOT interested in.   QVC doesn't need to imitate social media. 

Valued Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

I tots agree!

I love QVC for beauty, fashion, housewares... I watch all the channels all the time and order regularly.  Sometimes the hosts get annoying but who doesn't.  I do find myself laughing with them and being entertained. It's also a great break from the NEWS!

I know right !  QVC Beauty and Fashion used to be a perfect TV "escape" channel. I did buy more too.  I'd turn it in to fall asleep by, DVR the shows I liked then buy stuff the next day.  I change the channel when hosts annoy me even if I love the products.