Super Contributor

Re: QVC BEAUTY BRANDS SOLD IN CHINA

@skittles2

Yes many Cosmetics brands that sell in China word their animal testing statements very carefully, they say they don’t believe in animal testing “except where it is required by law” - which is in China. If a brand decides to expand to China, it is required by law to test on animals even if it has already proven to be safe anywhere else, like in the US or Europe. Companies want to sell in China because it is so lucrative. Once they decide to sell in China I no longer buy their products. 

WEN does make skincare, A300245 is their body cleansing cream which is gentle enough for the face, and the UNIBT (ultra Nourishing intensive body treatment) which is extremely moisturizing and anti aging, also can be used on the face and body.  

Also Josie Maran is 100% cruelty free and does not sell in China and I don’t think she ever would since she has such high regard for people and animals. 

Trusted Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

@skittles2

Yes many Cosmetics brands that sell in China word their animal testing statements very carefully, they say they don’t believe in animal testing “except where it is required by law” - which is in China. If a brand decides to expand to China, it is required by law to test on animals even if it has already proven to be safe anywhere else, like in the US or Europe. Companies want to sell in China because it is so lucrative. Once they decide to sell in China I no longer buy their products. 

WEN does make skincare, A300245 is their body cleansing cream which is gentle enough for the face, and the UNIBT (ultra Nourishing intensive body treatment) which is extremely moisturizing and anti aging, also can be used on the face and body.  

Also Josie Maran is 100% cruelty free and does not sell in China and I don’t think she ever would since she has such high regard for people and animals. 

Thanks for the info.  A few people here mentioned WEN's products and they sound grest, didn't know about the body cleansing and body treatment being ok for use on the face, that's fantastic! I know WEN is a TSV soon, I hope one of those are in it. If not, I think the prices of Chaz's other items will probably be good and maybe easy pays??

I order a few of Josie's TSV, and need to look for her other skincare items, same with Tarte,  and Tatcha.  I'm also going to look into Dr. Gross. I'm trying to find similar ingredients to Perricones which worked for my skin, as I'm not sure argan, Tarte, or Tatcha may do everything I need, I know they'll be great for some things though.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

thanks @skittles2 for the update, I appreciate it! I'll let you know if I find anything else out too!

Honored Contributor

With every medicine being tested on animals in every country I just think, 'what's the use?' It's so disheartening.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

With every medicine being tested on animals in every country I just think, 'what's the use?' It's so disheartening.

@Judaline, a sensitive topic to be sure. Personally, I am not against testing drugs/meds on animals if (1) it is the only way to ensure efficacy and safety, and (2) it will save lives.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@skittles2-Yes, I am an RN too. 

I'm sorry if I seem dense, but did you get a hold of Elysee? Did they confirm that they are indeed cruelty free? 

I thought Perricone was a cruelty free line already, but maybe I am mistaken. I don't use that line but I thought I remembered seeing it on a CF list. 

Hi, just found out some info this week. I posted on a thread "CRUELTY FREE QUESTION & INFO THREAD" IN BEAUTY.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE