Honored Contributor

Re: Put on my makeup after I got home from work

Like a lot of us I haven't worn makeup since March 21, when I had to go somewhere to be filmed. Today I had to film myself in my own home that others will see. I did my hair and put makeup on. It felt funny to do my makeup - almost like I wasn't sure what to do for a minute! Did I do the right order like I have been doing MY WHOLE LIFE? LOL! 

I was wondering about the masks. I've only worn one once, since I don't go out. Thanks for the tips! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Zebsmom2 wrote:
Ha! Welcome to my world, ladies 😊 I work in a dental office and have worn a mask at work for years. I have never found a foundation that is “mask proof”. Pretty sure I’ve tried them all. 12 hour, smudge proof, mineral and you name it. High end to drugstore. After work, I didn’t look like I wore any makeup at all. I now wear a tinted moisturizer, one color eyeshadow and mascara. So, nothing new to me. If I had to go anywhere after work I applied then.

@Zebsmom2   DD is a hygienist. She wears BE Original Powder Foundation. She says it stays on all day, sweatproof, doesn't transfer to mask (although changed for each patient) & her face still feels clean at the end of the day. She wears a powder blush over it. It's worked for 20 yrs. and says she has no intention of changing it.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Like a lot of us I haven't worn makeup since March 21, when I had to go somewhere to be filmed. Today I had to film myself in my own home that others will see. I did my hair and put makeup on. It felt funny to do my makeup - almost like I wasn't sure what to do for a minute! Did I do the right order like I have been doing MY WHOLE LIFE? LOL! 

I was wondering about the masks. I've only worn one once, since I don't go out. Thanks for the tips! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom   Uh oh. Going to start putting on makeup every few days so I don't get out of the habit completely. Doubt I'd forget the order of application, but stranger things have happened. 

Honored Contributor

The last time I was getting ready to go to the store I was set to put foundation on and I thought --- wait a minute --- that's crazy!  It will be a mess --- rubbing all over the mask and plus I think it will make me all hot and so I just said -- forget it!  I applied my moisturizer and a bit of lip balm and that was that!  It's something of a chore to get ready to go out the door these days ---- have the mask and gloves and hand sanitizer ready, plus the wipes and a bag and then once I'm there I get all suited up with my glasses and then by that time I am tired and want to go home!  LOL 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Skin care and lip balm- that's it. 

Makeup and jewelry just don't work for me right now, especially with the whole mask wearing, which I expect will be going on for quite a while. The hair could be looking worse, but who cares about that either?

I stay home as much as I can, both to avoid the grocery store and wearing the mask. Wait until it gets warm out! That cotton mask will be so uncomfortable! Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Skin care and lip balm- that's it. 

Makeup and jewelry just don't work for me right now, especially with the whole mask wearing, which I expect will be going on for quite a while. The hair could be looking worse, but who cares about that either?

I stay home as much as I can, both to avoid the grocery store and wearing the mask. Wait until it gets warm out! That cotton mask will be so uncomfortable! Ugh.

@queendiva   I asked DD how she stands wearing the mask all day (& goggles). The big answer? "You get used to it". I guess you do. Look at all the docs, nurses and others who wear them all day every day. I also find it difficult to speak w/ it on and hear what others are saying...muffled. Guess you get accustomed to that, too. 

Respected Contributor

I had to start wearing a mask at work and my usual Covergirl foundation made a huge mess on the mask. I was caught off guard the first day I had to wear one, so I had my usual makeup on.

Since I've been wearing a mask I've been using my Everyday Minerals foundation. It doesn't cover my discoloration as well, but it also doesn't transfer to the mask as much either. I just don't feel comfortable not wearing a little something on my face anymore, my complexion is so uneven now. 

Eye makeup I've been keeping the same. At home I haven't been wearing makeup, but i still need to look somewhat respectable at work. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

when i go out with the mask i dont wear any makeup at all, it doesnt work well with a mask for me. when i get home i wash my face anyways!  i will resume makeup once i dont have to wear mask in publicWoman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I do the same make up routine every day...it's a mood lifter for me.