Trusted Contributor

Put on my makeup after I got home from work

[ Edited ]

So makeup paired with face masks is hard to pull off, I've found.

I rarely go out without a little eyeliner, mascara and lipstick, so no makeup for the last few weeks while masking is my new normal.

Well, DH gets home from his job about an hour after I do and I thought: why not put on a little makeup now and look nice for him and myself?

Instant mood uplift for me.

Got me thinking of the ladies here.

How has your makeup routine changed, or maybe not at all?

Honored Contributor

Re: Put on my makeup after I got home from work

WhenI worked, I wore a mask a good share of the time. I found bare minerals powder foundation held up all day.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Not wearing any most days....  When i do go to the grocery store every other week, my mask is covering most of my skin, so I don't need foundation/powder, just some mascara and liner, may be some brows....no lips either...

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

Still just skincare and lip balm here. If I go out w/ my mask on, I do my brows. My mask covers most of my face....had to bend it a bit to not cover my glasses. Blush and gloss wouldn't show and mascara, eye makeup not worth it to me for the 15 minutes in the store. I'm doing some DIY hydrating and purifying masks, so skin's looking pretty good with this long rest from makeup. 

Honored Contributor

My foundation is sweatproof so I do wear that.  I love lipstick but no one will see it except when I am in the car (when I first get in) I put on my lipstick because I do not wear my mask in the car.  Lipstick always lifts my mood.  I have not worn blush  and sometimes wear mascara. So yes, my make up habits have been altered.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

The first couple days of staying in, I didn't put anything but my moisturizer on my face. But I found myself feeling really down. So every day I do a little powder foundation, a little blush and some eyeliner. Mascara if I leave the house. I find it makes me feel better. More normal. Whatever that is.LOL

Super Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl - I'm a lipstick girl.  I had to laugh at myself the first I applied lipstick to go out and then I realized it was pointless while wearing a mask! 💗

Frequent Contributor

Ha! Welcome to my world, ladies 😊 I work in a dental office and have worn a mask at work for years. I have never found a foundation that is “mask proof”. Pretty sure I’ve tried them all. 12 hour, smudge proof, mineral and you name it. High end to drugstore. After work, I didn’t look like I wore any makeup at all. I now wear a tinted moisturizer, one color eyeshadow and mascara. So, nothing new to me. If I had to go anywhere after work I applied then.
Honored Contributor

If I worked or lived where I needed to wear a mask, all I'd do was my eyes and brows.  False lashes and some smudged liner on the bottom.  If I would just put on lashes and lipstick at home, I'd feel better.  I need to do that.  Takes all of 5 minutes