Respected Contributor

Re: Purple eyeshadow-singles or palettes

ColourPop has quite a few purple toned pallettes at very reasonable prices. I own two, but I stopped wearing makeup when Covid hit. The Huda Beauty Mini Amethyst pallette is another nice one and the shadows are great quality.

Purple is my favorite color, but having brown skin, I find the darker purples look much better on me. I've worn pastels and they washed me out. Because my lids are very hooded, I tend to stick to a single color all over the lid. 

Honored Contributor

Purple is my favorite color and purple eyeshadow looks good on any eye color.  I have what I think are the two best purple e/s palettes out there.

Viseart and Norvina Vol 5.  Both great but I'd have to give it to Norvina for the best quality/smooth application.

Viseart Étendu Palette Violette alternative view 1 - product swatch.

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Norvina® Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 5 Lilac

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

This purple palette from UD is really poor quality.  I  have it too.   Dry and hard.  People all over the Internet feel the same.  YTers can't understand what happened.  UD is a good company.  This UltraViolet palette is not a good palette.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

This purple palette from UD is really poor quality.  I  have it too.   Dry and hard.  People all over the Internet feel the same.  YTers can't understand what happened.  UD is a good company.  This UltraViolet palette is not a good palette.

@monicakm 

Good to know!  I've had my eye on it for a while.  Now I'll remove them.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

To each his own, I guess🤷‍♀️
I happen to like it - happened to use one of the shades today as a matter of fact. 

Honored Contributor

I like UD Vice shade in both the single eyeshadow & the eyeliner.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Do you like one of the other ones or were you drawn to some of the warmer colors in the UD palette to go with your beautiful red hair?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I have one UD pallet from a few Christmases ago.  I can't find a picture of it, but the colors are very bold.  I also have a Tarte pallet that I go to more than any others.  It was from a few summers ago so I can't find a picture of it either.  I can use almost every color in that pallet & quite frankly don't grab my UD pallet much at all.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

For years I used bare minerals and in the past few years find I seem to favor Tarte and Laura Geller eyeshadows.  I always love a good palette!  But Tarte's recently seem to be all geared toward warm neutrals.

If QVC has any 4 or 5 palette sets for Christmas, check them out.  A few years ago I got Tarte and Laura Geller pallete sets to divide up as gifts.  Any of the cool or purple ones I kept for myself.  But any I saw this Christmas season on QVC, it looked like they were all warm neutral kits.

Now I found MORPHE !!!!  I really like the variations in palette colors and sizes. Upon reading this chat, I went to their website to see what they have in purples and fell in love with the 9 shadow pan called Lavendaze. 

Lavendaze.jfif

I also saw a 35 pan pallete with "Purple" in the title in the past.  I don't see it now but they seem to bring back palettes ocassionally as if they were just out of stock and not actually discontinued.  They also have some really "exotic" colored sets that are colabs with artists, performers. etc.

There is a sale on now for the 9 color palettes but if you miss it, sign up for their emails.  It seems like they run sales alot but one time it will be on the big palettes and the next it will be on the small ones.  I don't think I ever paid full price for anything.  Oh and I like their brush sets when I can get them on sale.

Hmmm... I think I'm off to order Lvendaze and So Chill.

Super Contributor

@Shanus I just saw your kind response to me about the purple eyeshadows. Thank you so very much for the tips. I will try the things you recommended. I stopped wearing makeup quite a few years ago, but when I get dressed up, I still like to do the makeup thing. I am going to order some of the lighter shades and experiement with the things you recommended. Thank you so much!