Regular Contributor

Purple eyeshadow-singles or palettes

Hi! Anyone have recommendations for purple eyeshadow? Singles or palettes. I especially like duochrome. I've looked around online, but I'm not familiar with the quality of some. TIA. 😊
Super Contributor

Re: Purple eyeshadow-singles or palettes

I am the most inept eyeshadow person ever! My favorite color is purple, and yet, when I apply purple eyeshadow, it looks like a bruise! I am so jealous of anyone who can wear it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

95B08653-64FA-4EB7-80D6-727DDDC11D1B.jpeg

Regular Contributor

I did check that out. Not sure though. Think I'd only use 4 of the colors. I suppose Etsy is an option too.
Respected Contributor

If you have an Ulta near you they can help you choose.  I use purple shades also.  I have Bare Minerals.  The shade I used most was Passionate Plum.  I still have a pot of it.  I bought it a few years ago.  I have Hazel eyes and this color has worked very well for me.  With purples you have to apply very lightly.  I find Bare Minerals eye shadows to be very good.

Respected Contributor

I like purple too but you have to get the right shade for your eye color and skin tone. I had to stay away from purples that have too much red in them it looks awful on me. I have heard makeup artists say this color looks good on everyone. 

Contributor

I use a bobbi brown muted purple that gives a smoky eye. If you go to her website you'll find various purple shades

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I like purple too but you have to get the right shade for your eye color and skin tone. I had to stay away from purples that have too much red in them it looks awful on me. I have heard makeup artists say this color looks good on everyone. 

@cuddlesmama   Not me. I never recommend a purple or brown shadow or liners or anything on the eyes with red in it. It tends to make the area look sickly. 

Honored Contributor

@ThinkOutsidetheBox wrote:

I am the most inept eyeshadow person ever! My favorite color is purple, and yet, when I apply purple eyeshadow, it looks like a bruise! I am so jealous of anyone who can wear it.

@ThinkOutsidetheBox   I f I may advise, look for tones of lilac, heather, etc. Lighter tones of purple are more natural looking and easier to work with. I also keep a light neutral shade on the lid and use aything in a "purple tone" only on the very outer fouth of the lid for definition and shaping/elongating the eye. You still get a hint of color, but nothing too dramamtic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@linden wrote:

I use a bobbi brown muted purple that gives a smoky eye. If you go to her website you'll find various purple shades

@linden   Most of the BB palettes have tones of pink, orange, bronze, etc. The individual shadows are being discontinued since the empty 6 pan palettes to put them in was discontinued years ago. 

I'd look to the shadow sticks...there's a heather tone that's beautiful. Also check Laura Mercier for sticks in the shades you'd like.