Regular Contributor

Is it just my imagination, or has Purity Made Simple by Philosophy changed?  I haven't used it in awhile but recently  purchased a special value & it just doesn't seem the same. I thought it was thicker!!

Valued Contributor

I also thought the Purity formula changed. It used to be a little darker yellowish color, thicker and sounds weird -but tastes different. I always seemed to gets some on my lips and must not have rinsed well. Felt I needed to explain that one. I don't think it's as effective as it use to be but still good. 

Respected Contributor

Things have changed since the company was sold several years ago. The ffragrances are so watered down I stopped buying. And yes the Purity is not the same anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

I had used it years ago and thought it was great.  Between one special deal and today's special values that all contained a cleanser hadn't bought it in quite a while.  Ordered it last year from the Q.  For the first time ever my eyes burned and watered.  I still usef it but had to be very careful to keep away from my eyes.  [large size, of course]  I was disappointed.

Respected Contributor

I don't care for the chemicals used in Philosophy so my last purchase of a bath gel is my last.

Respected Contributor

Tried it a long long time ago without success, really irritating to my skin. After assessing the ingredients I felt that there were far better cleansers with more modern technology out there for less cost than Purity. I choose to spend less money on cleanser and sink my dollars into skin care. I found that CeraVe works far better for cleansing and it is easier on the wallet.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone break out using this?  I am 78 and never had skin problems .now I am getting huge blind pimples. I think it may be the Philosophy. Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

I just opened a 32 oz bottle that I had purchased and stocked in my linen closet.  When I opened it, I noticed it was very white.  Then when I used it, it was very thick, smelled like their Fresh Cream product, difficult to rinse, and stung my eyes.  They will not exchange because I've had it too long - so it will go in the shower.  I truly feel the wrong product was put in the container.  From now on I will check what I buy immediately.  I'm not a happy customer.

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I had used it years ago and thought it was great.  Between one special deal and today's special values that all contained a cleanser hadn't bought it in quite a while.  Ordered it last year from the Q.  For the first time ever my eyes burned and watered.  I still usef it but had to be very careful to keep away from my eyes.  [large size, of course]  I was disappointed.

@aggravated   Many years ago, maybe before the company was sold, I began to notice it burned my eyes. The bigger test for me was trying a toner (alcohol free) afterwards and seeing traces of makeup left on my skin. That’s when I went back to my cleansing oil at night and Cetaphil in the mornings. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a difference since Purity was sold a few years ago. I switched to a facial cleanser from Dr. Denese and the Joe Campenelli facial cloths. I'm so glad I did. It seems that's the first thing the big corporations due after the buy out is weaken the formulas. It's business and it's a shame.