Respected Contributor

Re: Purity Made Simple products

I heard The Vender say sensitive skin people can use this. I do not have sensitive skin but I know many posters have to be so careful with reactions. While Purity may be good for most saying everyone can use it is a misnomer!! I know from the posts that reactions can happen with known and unknown ingredients.  It must be very upsetting to react to skincare, be it rash, redness , breakouts or swelling.

New Contributor

I've used Purity for years and have loved it. One of my daughters recently asked what I used. I'd just gotten a BOGO of the 32 ounce purities, so I gave her one. I was shocked when she went me a picture of her face all red like it was rashed out!  She quit using it for a week, then thinking it was a fluke, she tried it again with the same bad results.  I love it and have never had a reaction so I don't know which ingredient would have caused that for her. She ended up bringing me back the nearly new bottle. I wanted it to work for her as it has for me so it was quite a disappointment. She has to go back to Neutrogena I think it was. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been using Philosophy line since it came to qvc and have been using purity all of these years, I just ordered a new purity cleanser and it has a really bad smell. So bad that I have stopped using it, I still had some of the older one's from kits I have gotten and they smell like the original scent.  Now I'm not so sure I will continue with purity anymore since it was changed and not so sure for the better after reading all of everyone's reviews...

Respected Contributor

Years ago when Philosophy first came to QVC I used many of their products, including Purity and When Hope is not Enough. Their kits were reasonably priced and I had several of them that included serums, scrubs, Vit C, eye cream, etc and I used it all for several years and really enjoyed it.

I got away from it when the prices started going up and they started introducing so many differerent products. Then a few years back I thought I'd try them again and ordered Purity and When Hope is not Enough moisturizer off of e-bay to give them a try again.

I couldn't use the Purity at all, it dried out my skin so badly, and I ended up tossing the moisturizer too. I'm not sure what changed, if it was the products or my skin, but I just couldn't use them anymore.

Since then I've used several makeup removers/cleansers at night. I like one step and done. Currently I'm using Pacifica coconut oil cleanser and it does a perfectly fine job of removing all my makeup, including mascara. I don't open my eyes when I remove eye makeup and it doesn't burn if I keep my eyes closed.

I've also used Albolene, Ponds cold cream cleanser, No 7 cleansing balm and plain old coconut oil. But I have dry skin too and need something that won't dry me out more.