Super Contributor

This has been my favorite fragrance for a long time. I used to get compliments on it all of the time.  Here lately, it smells different to me. The fragrance does not seem to last as long as it once did. Noone acknowledges it any more either. Do you know if they have changed the fragrance in any way? I was wondering if my chemical balance had changed or something. I'd appreciate any insight into this puzzle.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree with you.  I love Pure Grace have worn it for years. Last year I ran out and ordered it and all I could smell was alcohol.  The fragrance was gone.  So disappointing.  They always say they haven't changed the formula. I don't know what the problem is , but it's not the same fragrance.  

Esteemed Contributor

Many brands have changed formulas. I like Anazing Grace but it's weaker now and people advise layering it with lotion or oils.  etc.

Tova is another that's not the same some ingredients are restricted now. Even the oil they sell now doesn't last!
    Many perfumes aren't natural now and are made of chemicals. The only ones that seem the same to me are Joy by Jean Patue (?spelling) and Chanel no 5. 
    I got perfume in Bermuda years ago when we did a factory tour. It was natural and it's still lasting, Orleander is a clean natural fragrance. 

Frequent Contributor

Once they sold the company to Coty I believe ..they cheapened the ingridients to save a few bucks on the manufacturing of the Pure Grace line..this has been talked about before on this forum and many many die hard Pure Grace et al fans are totally disappointed in the fragrance now. Too bad since it was really nice before it was a corporate sell off.

Super Contributor

Thanks, everyone. This would explain the change. It is such a shame that it's all about the  bottom line rather than the quality. Isn't the Q in QVC for quality? Now thaey will make nothing from it  in my case. I guess I will have to change and find one with some staying power evern though I might have to pay a bit more.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pure Grace Users

[ Edited ]

I remember way back in the pre-Coty days, that Pure Grace did indeed have a fresh, clean, soap and water fragrance.  Now it seems to smell like artificial chemicals with a plastic like undertone scent that I find really unpleasant. 

Valued Contributor

It smells now like the plastic bottle it comes in.  It's such a shame because it was so pleasant and clean smelling before.

Respected Contributor

I don't care for the smell anymore either.  I used to love it and just thought it was me changing.  My favorite was always pure grace and got so many compliments but gave it up because it does not last anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I also used to love Pure Grace....but I agree that it is no longer the same.  Does anyone know of any other perfume that is similar to the "old" Pure Grace.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I also used to love Pure Grace....but I agree that it is no longer the same.  Does anyone know of any other perfume that is similar to the "old" Pure Grace.

Clean Ultimate is a very close dupe to Pure Grace.