Respected Contributor

Re: Purchased a new hair appliance to tame and straighten hair - question??

@cactusgal @SilleeMee  I see it comes in different colors with different prices. Is there a reason for the different colors?

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@cactusgal @SilleeMee  I see it comes in different colors with different prices. Is there a reason for the different colors?

@Janey2 

I don't think so. If you are looking at amazon then that's what they do...different prices for the colors. No idea why.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@Janey2 

I don't think so. If you are looking at amazon then that's what they do...different prices for the colors. No idea why.

I think with Amazon, the popular colors cost more.  The least desirable (or ones they are discontinuing), less.

Valued Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@Janey2  Yes,it depends on what hair type you want it for. When you click on the box under the color you would like. It shows hair type either All or Curly. I got the black/pink one for All hair types. Was lucky enough to order it last week for $31.96 when it was $10.00 off. Would also like to add if you didn't know already. It is not round, it is oval shaped. Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Revlon "One Step" @Janey2 

I have one and I love it.

@SilleeMee I agree with you 100%. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal 

I didn't know that about the One-Step dryer. I thought they were all the same except for the color.

Frequent Contributor

Could I have the name of the comb type appliance you bought. I have the other one pictured and love it but have gone shorter hair and it's just too big. 

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal 

I bought this for my granddaughter a last year or the year before for her birthday.  She has long straight and thick hair.  They (mom too) love it!  Seems like 99% if everyone that has it loves it.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

I remember electric styling combs from decades ago.  Does yours look like this?  My mother sprays something on her hair as she's straightening it and it "sizzles" and smokes Smiley Surprised  I can't believe that would be good for your hair no matter what's been applied to it, but, the only thing I've ever used on my hair is a blow dryer so what do I know Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  I didn't either until I clicked on each color. And noticed the hair type section.