Valued Contributor

Re: Pur Foundation and Brush Sale

Sillee, I owe you big for pointing me toward this foundation. I get why it's beloved by you. Many thanks once again.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @Lally . I'm so happy that you like the foundation. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope wrote:

SKINN used to offer a cotton based powder foundation, which was highly

pigmented and covered completely.

I still have many of his products, some of which he no longer manufactures.

(Remember the blue serum!?)

All the containers haven’t been opened, even after 6- years plus!

As long as they’ve not been exposed to Oxygen, I’ll still use them..or give more to my daughters, etc.

All the $$ of various skincare brands I’ve spent....sitting on shelf after shelf..an entire floor to ceiling closet full.

I finally stopped and now must *Gift/Give* , distribute my very diverse collection! 

Another powder foundation that that was good was  from Smashbox..

it came in 1-shade (at first) in a round container with a “grater”

so one could shave off just the right amount of fresh product.

(I still have it and use in summer!). It must be 10-years old!

........I’m not a fan of make up in general.

Someone else might know the actual name of the powder....

@JumpTheRope  - If you're considering donating some of your closet stash, "Project Beauty Share" is a non profit organization that distributes beauty items to other organizations that help women in need (shelters, etc).  You can find out about them through google.

Honored Contributor

I was going to mention this earlier about that PUR chisel brush...imo that brush is not the greatest and although it does put down a good amount of product, I find that it sheds a bit especially as it gets old. Instead I use a flat-top buki brush made by Honeybee Gardens who also makes a pressed mineral foundation. The Honeybee Gardens brush is excellent and it doesn't shed. It has a short handle which I find easy to hold and apply my mineral foundation. Brush length is 4 inches and has dense synthetic bristles with bamboo handle. It picks up a good amount of product and the bristles are not quite as stiff as the PUR chisel brush so buffing is easier. 

Honeybee Gardens Mini Kabuki Brush $12 

15953056__92728.1507139769.500.750.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been a huge fan of the Pur chisel foundation brush for many years, I use it with all my powders. I have never had one that sheds, I like the consistancy of it, a little stiff which allows for good blendability. 

Honored Contributor

Reminder to use code 188529 for $5 off Beauty item of $25 or more. 

Honored Contributor

I always used Golden Medium, good match. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe I just got a bad chisel brush...it shed really bad. It was old and it was the first one I got from PUR way back...had a clear plastic handle. @Shelbelle 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Maybe I just got a bad chisel brush...it shed really bad. It was old and it was the first one I got from PUR way back...had a clear plastic handle. @Shelbelle 

I think they have always had clear plastic handles. 

Honored Contributor

The set HSN is selling has this. Looks like a solid silver colored handle. I think the bristles are real animal hair but I'm not sure.

pur-bling-pressed-mineral-foundation-blush-medium-d-2018011116130528_594300.jpg