Honored Contributor

Re: Pur -- Anyone use this brand of cosmetics?

Thank you!  I have looked at this line before but never could decide.  As I posted,they had a special going on, but as it turns out the products I wanted to try were not included in the special price.  Figures!

I would like to try the 4 in 1 foundation stick and the mineral powder in the compact.  

Thank you for all of your input and replies!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Found this line to be very drying on my face.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I have used and liked their 4 in 1 foundation, as well as a bronzer of theirs that was really nice. They also had nice lipsticks. I haven't used anything in their line for a while though. I remember watching a few of their shows when they were on Shopnbc, and then they were gone, and then Shopnbc became Evine.....

I do see their line in Ulta, so maybe the next time I am in Ulta, will have to check them out.Not that I need a thing, but would like to see what is new in the line! It always had such a nice reputation. Aren't they on HSN now?

Honored Contributor

Thank you for your replies and comments.  I did not end up ordering anything.  I was kind of unhappy that the e-mail was saying 2 foundations for $35 and then when you got on there, all the ones I wanted were excluded from this sale!  I might try sometime but I skipped it for now.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Used the 4 in 1 powder foundation and it is not bad but nothing special. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1     Received an email this morning about the Friends & Family sale which is 30% off the entire site, purcosmetics.com.  If you know the official season that begins this week, you should get the appropriate discount.

Let me know if you order anything.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I've use the Pur Minerals powder foundation. I liked it, but then found one of those powders with optical blurring agents in it that help to hide wrinkles. Right now I have Physician's Formula Cover Tox Ten with 50 SPF. I've been getting a lot of compliments on my skin since using it...especially since the fine lines around the eyes seem to disappear. I know there are other cosmetics with optical blurring agents also, but the first one I ran into was the Physician's Formula. It is so inexpensive, but I imagine a more expensive one might work even better.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Contributor

I've used the pur 4-in-1 powder foundation for years.  Tried other brands, Clinique, IT cosmetics,etc. but always end up going back to the PUR.  

I've asked specifically about Pur vs Bare Minerals foundations and every time the beauty consultants feel PUR has more skin benefits than any other brand.

I also got the BOGO free a few weeks ago.  Great deal.

Contributor

Has an Spf 15-not much but a start.

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie,

That Physican's Formula product sounds interesting.  What kind of coverage does it give you, if any? is it just a blurring powder? Thanks.Woman Happy