Respected Contributor

Re: Pur -- Anyone use this brand of cosmetics?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Yardlie,

That Physican's Formula product sounds interesting.  What kind of coverage does it give you, if any? is it just a blurring powder? Thanks.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee ... I think this product is basically an optical blurring product. It does come in two colors (translucent light and translucent medium). You can wear it alone or over foundation. I always wear foundation. It does take down the shine somewhat. I love it. It does not cake or settle into lines.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Oh that sounds good @Yardlie. I don't really need much coverage but I like to take down shine a bit. I'll have to give this a try. Thank you.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I've used the 4-in-1 powder for many years.  The powder works as well for me now as it did in the beginning.  I use other things, but this is one powder I seem to always have in my makeup case and one of my preferred foundation products to pack when traveling away from home.  The Golden Dark color is one of the better skintone matches from any brand for me. 

Another favorite in the line for me is Disappearing Ink 4-in-1 Concealer Pen. I recently tried the new 4-in-1 Stick foundation and I like it.  This was a good find since I can't get my former favorite stick (Napoleon Perdis) anymore.  The new Blush Book with 4 shades included (the shades are all multi-dimensional) is nice to me because I never use one color to apply blush to my face.   I used to have a couple of the  eyeshadow trios, but they are being phased out.  I don't find the newer shadow palettes to have the same quality in the powder or the color selections. The new Blush Book with 4 shades included (the shades are all multi-dimensional) is nice to me because I never use one color to apply blush to my face and these sort of help take the effort out of doing that.  They lay down a lot of color, and it takes very little to get the desired effect. The other makeup products in the brand are ok in that there is a lot worse, and a lot better, on the market. I have not tried any of the skincare lately, but based on the products I have tried in the past I can't recommend it. Things may have improved because it's been quite a few years since I attempted to use a Pur Mineral skincare product.   

@CANDLEQUEENI think Pur is back on HSN.  The brand's first round on TV was on HSN, then they went to whatever name Evine was operating as in the mid 2000s, then they disappeared from TV altogether.  I recall reading in an email from Pur that they were going to be on HSN, but this was a few months ago.  

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

I've use the Pur Minerals powder foundation. I liked it, but then found one of those powders with optical blurring agents in it that help to hide wrinkles. Right now I have Physician's Formula Cover Tox Ten with 50 SPF. I've been getting a lot of compliments on my skin since using it...especially since the fine lines around the eyes seem to disappear. I know there are other cosmetics with optical blurring agents also, but the first one I ran into was the Physician's Formula. It is so inexpensive, but I imagine a more expensive one might work even better.

@Yardlie

I have used this PF powder and it is nice.  It is hard to find though -- at least around where I live.  I have thought about seeing if I can order it on line.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@AngelPuppy1     Received an email this morning about the Friends & Family sale which is 30% off the entire site, purcosmetics.com.  If you know the official season that begins this week, you should get the appropriate discount.

Let me know if you order anything.

@Tique

I did get that one also.  I am trying to figure out what I would like to try.  Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Yardlie wrote:

I've use the Pur Minerals powder foundation. I liked it, but then found one of those powders with optical blurring agents in it that help to hide wrinkles. Right now I have Physician's Formula Cover Tox Ten with 50 SPF. I've been getting a lot of compliments on my skin since using it...especially since the fine lines around the eyes seem to disappear. I know there are other cosmetics with optical blurring agents also, but the first one I ran into was the Physician's Formula. It is so inexpensive, but I imagine a more expensive one might work even better.

@Yardlie

I have used this PF powder and it is nice.  It is hard to find though -- at least around where I live.  I have thought about seeing if I can order it on line.

@AngelPuppy1 ... Have you checked Kohls? There seems to be a Kohls everywhere, and they actually carry it in their stores.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Yardlie wrote:

@Yardlie

@AngelPuppy1... Have you checked Kohls? There seems to be a Kohls everywhere, and they actually carry it in their stores.

@Yardlie

Our Kohl's does not carry PF.  They have a very limited choice in makeup.  Several drugstores near me and Walmart and Target have PF but they don't carry all the products.  Rite Aid gets the best deals -- sometimes offering buy one, get one, or buy one and get 75% off the other, but their selection is limited as well. 

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 ... Hmmm...Hope someplace near you carries the Pure Minerals products! I live near a very small town right now. Believe it or not, our Kohls store is the closest thing we have to a cosmetics department. I suppose they carry extra cosmetic lines because they have very little competition around here. Maybe you can find an online site offering free shipping. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jet dot com has the 4-in-1 foundation but in limited shades and quantities. But if you can find your color there then their prices are really low...some are around $20 or less.

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@AngelPuppy1... Hmmm...Hope someplace near you carries the Pure Minerals products! I live near a very small town right now. Believe it or not, our Kohls store is the closest thing we have to a cosmetics department. I suppose they carry extra cosmetic lines because they have very little competition around here. Maybe you can find an online site offering free shipping. Good luck!

@Yardlie

I know what you mean.  We have an Ulta but I don't think their prices are that great and the sales help is so --- for lack of anything better to describe them--- sn*tty!!!  They act like they don't want to talk, let alone help, older ladies!