Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:
On 10/8/2014 NiteStar said:
On 10/8/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

It's not an actual scrub, but Southern Magnolia Minerals sells a Pumpkin Enzyme Peel that smells good enough to eat!

What is "Southern Magnolia Minerals" and where can I get it? Thanks!

Private label cosmetic company that uses natural ingredients.

http://www.smmcosmetics.com/pumpkin-enzyme-peel-masque/

=============================

JLFinch,

U know all the secrets.  Please tell us what Vitamin C prodcts you like.

I just read about a brand called Lotus Moon Pumpkin Enzyme Peel which is sold in Isabella catalog that got me intrigued because it's 100% natural fruit acid/10% glycolic polymer and is rich in Vitamin A-made from concentrated pumpkin extract, pumpkin wine, pumpkin enzymes, D-beta-fructan & essential oils. Runs $46 for 1.5 oz. Here's a link to the website if anyone is interested:

https://www.isabellacatalog.com/p/pumpkin-enzyme-peel

PTR's pumkin peel has some rave reviews too.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

I use PTR pumkin mask/peel.   It smells delicious!   Does a nice job too!

Honored Contributor

Re: Pumpkin face scrub

[ Edited ]

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It's not an actual scrub, but Southern Magnolia Minerals sells a Pumpkin Enzyme Peel that smells good enough to eat!

JLFinch,

I just read about a brand called Lotus Moon Pumpkin Enzyme Peel which is sold in Isabella catalog that got me intrigued because it's 100% natural fruit acid/10% glycolic polymer and is rich in Vitamin A-made from concentrated pumpkin extract, pumpkin wine, pumpkin enzymes, D-beta-fructan & essential oils. Runs $46 for 1.5 oz. Here's a link to the website if anyone is interested:

@UMDTerpFan - I don't know about all the secrets, but for Vitamin C....here's my history of Vitamin C products.
I started with Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum, used it for awhile and then tried NCN's Vitamin C Serum.  I didn't like it.  I went back to Mad Hippie.  Then I heard about Timeless.  Tried it, and didn't like it.  Back to Mad Hippie.  Then I heard about a Korean favorite that called CST/C20.  I bought that one and really liked it.  The problem was that the Vitamin C wasn't stablilized so it oxidized before I could finish the bottle.  I could have stored it in the fridge to help delay that, but that's inconvenient for me.  About the time I was running out of my last bottle of C20, there was an Isomers show on Evine (in March, I think).  I never bought an Isomers product before, but there are followers here who put a lot of stock in what Manuela has to say.  That particular weekend, the TTV was a kit that had several really expensive products, but they were selling it for around $50-ish.  I put it on A/D, just in case I liked it.  In that kit was a 1.86 oz. bottle of Glutathiosome Serum that contains MAP (sold individually, it's a ridiculous amout of like $150 - I'd never pay that).  MAP had never been my first choice for a Vitamin C, but I've stuck with this Isomer's serum now for a few months and it's working so I'll stick with it.  Honestly, there's only one other item from that kit that I use, but the price of the A/D is way too good to give it up.  If I ever did, though, I'd be back with my old friend, Mad Hippie.

Trusted Contributor

Another Pumpkin mask to try would be NCN's. Here's a link to the item:

http://ncnskincare.com/exfoliate-c-2/30-pro-pumpkin-peel-5-oz-p-17?cPath=3&sort=20a&

10% of with code 725August for the month of August. I haven't tried this mask so I can't offer an opinion. I do like their Multiactive Peptide Matrixyl 25% serum, have been a repeat buyer. I tried their vitamin C with glutathione and didn't like it as did JeanLouisFinch. For me, it was too thick and glutathione & my skin never got along well. I'd tried glutathione when Perricone first came out with it.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

JLFinch,

@RinaRina - I don't know about all the secrets, but for Vitamin C....here's my history of Vitamin products.
I started with Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum, used it for awhile and then tried NCN's Vitamin C Serum.  I didn't like it.  I went back to Mad Hippie.  Then I heard about Timeless.  Tried it, and didn't like it.  Back to Mad Hippie.  Then I heard about a Korean favorite that called CST/C20.  I bought that one and really liked it.  The problem was that the Vitamin C wasn't stablilized so it oxidized before I could finish the bottle.  I could have stored it in the fridge to help delay that, but that's inconvenient for me.  About the time I was running out of my last bottle of C20, there was an Isomers show on Evine (in March, I think).  I never bought an Isomers product before, but there are followers here who put a lot of stock in what Manuela has to say.  That particular weekend, the TTV was a kit that had several really expensive products, but they were selling it for around $50-ish.  I put it on A/D, just in case I liked it.  In that kit was a 1.86 oz. bottle of Glutathiosome Serum that contains MAP (sold individually, it's a ridiculous amout of like $150 - I'd never pay that).  MAP had never been my first choice for a Vitamin C, but I've stuck with this Isomer's serum now for a few months and it's working so I'll stick with it.  Honestly, there's only one other item from that kit that I use, but the price of the A/D is way too good to give it up.  If I ever did, though, I'd be back with my old friend, Mad Hippie.

JLF, I didn't like NCN's vitamin C with glutathione either. Too thick and it didn't absorb on my skin. Wondering which Isomer's vitamin C product you like. I tried the Vitamin C Stem kit when it first came out and didn't like anything in that line. Wondering whichIsomers vitamin C you are using and what other product in the kit you said you liked. I am currently using Timeless after reading Angie's review on Hot N Flashy. I haven't tried Mad Hippie Vitamin C yet. TIA

Honored Contributor

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

JLFinch,

@UMDTerpFan - I don't know about all the secrets, but for Vitamin C....here's my history of Vitamin products.

JLF, I didn't like NCN's vitamin C with glutathione either. Too thick and it didn't absorb on my skin. Wondering which Isomer's vitamin C product you like. I tried the Vitamin C Stem kit when it first came out and didn't like anything in that line. Wondering whichIsomers vitamin C you are using and what other product in the kit you said you liked. I am currently using Timeless after reading Angie's review on Hot N Flashy. I haven't tried Mad Hippie Vitamin C yet. TIA

@UMDTerpFan  You're welcome!  The Isomers Vitamin C product is the Glutathiosome High Potency Face Serum.  The other item in the kit, that I use, is called the Re-lift Amino Face Serum.  I'd never pay fill price for it either, but since it was another expensive one, I thought I should try to find a way to use it - LOL  I apply it to my neck and dec before any other treatment products or moisturizer.  Going forward, I probably won't keep up with that one - will probably try to sell the elements of the kit that I don't use and hopefull recoup some $$.  I've got my stash of Skinn Age Reset Serum now so I don't have to be stingey with it anymore and can take it down the neck too.

Funny, Angie is the reason I decided to try Timeless too.  A lot of people like it, but it left an oily finish on me.  I didn't think I used too much, but maybe I did.  Who knows?  There are tons of Vitamin C Serums on Amazon, it can be staggering.

Honored Contributor

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

JLFinch,

@UMDTerpFan - I don't know about all the secrets, but for Vitamin C....here's my history of Vitamin products.

Sorry, @UMDTerpFan, that I directed my prior comment to RinaRina and not you.  I made a mistake on the name selector menu thingy.  I tried to correct it in the quoted portion.   

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

JLFinch,

Sorry, @UMDTerpFan, that I directed my prior comment to RinaRina and not you.  I made a mistake on the name selector menu thingy.  I tried to correct it in the quoted portion.   

Thanks JLF, Can you clarify the names of the Isomers vitamin C with Map you like and the other serum in the kit that you thought was worth repurchasing? TIA

Honored Contributor

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

JLFinch,

Thanks JLF, Can you clarify the names of the Isomers vitamin C with Map you like and the other serum in the kit that you thought was worth repurchasing? TIA

@UMDTerpFan  Scroll up a couple of posts.  I can't say 100% that either are worth repurchasing.  I mean, they're fine, but not the only option available.  I know I never would never have bought them in the first place, if I had to pay full price.  It was just a great deal for the TTV.  The Glutathiosome Serum is working well for me, but if it was a choice between it at full price and another one that's less expensive, my budget would win.  There are too many other Vitamin C choices out there with much more reasonable prices.