Super Contributor

Pump on my 32oz Philosophy Squishy Red Fishy Bottle

Over the past day, the pump on my 32oz. bottle of Philosophy Squishy Red Fishy has started dripping. It's not a constant drip by any means, but enough of a drip to be aggravating on the side of my tub. I have used the product probably 4-5 times at the most. I normally don't buy the large pumped bottles of this brand so is this normal or do I have a faulty pump? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Pump on my 32oz Philosophy Squishy Red Fishy Bottle

[ Edited ]

I am sorry this happened.  The same thing happened to me with the Gingerbread three in one I got for a Christmas gift.  I used it maybe five or six times in the shower.  Then I started noticing the product was dripping down the shower wall.  It got progressively worse.  I figured it was just a bad pump and a fluke.  Maybe not?

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

My 32 oz. Purity does the exact same thing. I have to keep a paper towel under the bottle or else it makes a mess on my vanity top.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try unscrewing the cap. There might be some pressure building up inside the bottle which will cause the product to be forced to come out the pump. Just unscrew the cap intermittently, whenever you see the drip start happening.

Respected Contributor

The same thing happened to me! I called customer service and they sent me a new Pump! 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee, may i please add to your blog? I am unable to start a new blog. Thank you. I love Algenist collagen liq (yellow liq). . I have had good results from product or is there another product wth as good results. A thank you to each for listening to me. Many thanksHowever, can the company redo or give us other hints other then using plunger in bottle? I am on my third bottle. Have tried and tried plunger in bottle. Have reached point where I turn bottle upside down and just bang a tiny bit out.MY friends am i just plain STUPID or have any other had this problem? I would sincerely appreciate your kind advice 

Honored Contributor

@sligo 

I have no ideas about the Algenist product. My previous post is referring to large pump bottles and a possible reason for them dripping.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have a 32oz gingerbread philosophy in my shower.  The pump just stopped working altogether so now I have to tip the bottle to get it out.  Same thing with the facial cleanser.

I wish they would put a better pump, they use such cheap materials to dispense an expensive product.  I'm done with buying this line too, just trying to use it up.  I've also experienced this with my Wen bottles!

Trusted Contributor

Believe all the Philosophy pumps have this problem.  I've had it with the shower gels / tub more than once.  I finally had to put my Purity in a bowl on the vanity to catch the mess versus having a puddle of it every day damaging the counter top.  I put the shower gels in a Perlier pump bottle and that's too bad because the Philosophy ones are cute in the shower.

Respected Contributor

Same problem.  Slow drip. I find it annoying and don't use the pumps anymore and dispense product into smaller container for the shower.  Their gigantic products can be problematic.  I had purchased the gigantic microdelivery face wash and halfway through it, it ran out of crystals.  Waste of money and it's a known problem so I will never buy the giant jug again. Too bad as the huge ones are a great value.