Honored Contributor
On 3/26/2015 snoops said:

Hi wagirl - I have never been able to cover the bags with concealer - it seems to call attention to the area. Does that happen to you with concealer? I really should look at a youtube tutorial on how to cover them.

Funny, I had laser done and I think it did tighten up the area (pleasant side effect). I'm still healing but I hope it continues to tighten up the area.

snoops--depends on which type of concealer I use--powder or cream and I don't rub the cream type in, I tap or push it in with my finger or sponge. That little tip is amazing. I usually conceal under the eye puff area and above it and then dust bisque lightly over top to set. Sounds like a lot for that area but I use very little. Also I LOVE Mallys setting powder that comes with her concealer--the best I've used. Love youtube vids too!

Esteemed Contributor

I eat too much salt and have alot of puffiness, I use 100% Pure Organic coffee bean eye cream. It works for me, I can't live without it! Its a depuffer and reduces redness!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

Is the puffiness from the fat bags under your eyes or is it something that gets better as the day goes on? There's a couple of different things that can cause the puffiness. If it gets better as the day goes on, you should try a product with caffeine in it. If the puffiness is from the fat bags under the skin, I recommend Isomers R Pur for eyes. It's also pretty good for dark circles although I've never found a product that totally takes the dark circle away. Isomers is currently out of stock but they are supposed to be getting it back in next week. It runs around $35. Is sold on Evine also although I didn't see it on their website either. Here's Isomers description of the product:

What is it?

Targeted serum for the entire eye contour. For temperamental and mature skin.

Intensive - yet super lightweight. Boasting germinating soy, soy isoflavones, genistein and technological extracts to help transform the visible eye contour. For a tighter, brighter and younger-looking eye contour.

Who is it for?

Those with chronic under eye puffiness that is caused by a shift of the fat pad below the eye.

Why is it unique/different?

Formula targets entire eye contour and fat pads under the eye area

• Broad spectrum formula for the entire eye contour
  • Dark Circle
  • Fine Wrinkles
  • Eyelid Flaccidity
  • Puffiness
  • Lower Eyelid Fat Pads
  • Anti oxidant protection for brighter looking skin
  • Uses soy DNA to replenish mature skin.
  • Hydrating to sooth, dry, dehydrated and delicate skin sensitivity
  • Fragrance free, paraben free

Contains:

Pure extracts from Soy: Germinating Soy, Soy Isoflavones and Genistein, Phosphatidylcholine, Soy Symbiozomes

• Targets mature, temperamental, skin ages 45 and up
  • Dramatically helps reduce the look of visible skin damage
  • Improvement in skin lipid content: (supports ceramides)
  • Improvement in skin elasticity
  • Improvement in skin hydration
  • Decrease in skin roughness
  • Decrease in skin ruddiness
  • Wrinkle Smoothing
  • Anti oxidant protection – helps brighten the skin and even out color

Bio peptide CL™: Palmitoyl Oligopeptide

• Targets many aspects of skin wrinkles
  • Reduces visible wrinkle length and depth
  • Smooths skin surface
  • Alternative to Vitamin A without harmful side effects.
  • Firms the skin
  • Positive stimulant to the skin surface

Soy Sterols

Targets Skin Appearance:
  • Improvement in skin elasticity
  • Improvement in skin hydration
  • Decrease in skin roughness
  • Wrinkle Smoothing
  • Improvement in skin lipid content

Targets Collagen Renewal

• Formulation contains fibroblast messenger peptide to target collagen renewal

Haloxyl™

Helps reduce the look of dark circles to even out skin tone

EyeResolution™

Anti eye bag ingredients to help smooth out under eye contours

BioSkinup™ Contour

Targets dark circles and smooth out puffiness

Dedicated delivery system – “transdermal Q”

• Aids in penetration and product performance
  • Better skin care for younger looking skin

Liquid Crystal Olive Base

• Enhanced moisturizer and delivery system
  • Lamellar gel short and long term hydration
  • “Once a day application”
  • Keeps skin moist longer, excellent for dry skin
QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Esteemed Contributor

Will try the suggestions for application of concealer..thanks! When I was in Sephora I bought the Peter Thomas Roth FirmX eye. Will report back as soon as I use it. I have lots of good suggestions here if that fails.

UMDTerpFan- I think my bags are allergy and genetics related. And age related. Sigh.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/29/2015 snoops said:

Will try the suggestions for application of concealer..thanks! When I was in Sephora I bought the Peter Thomas Roth FirmX eye. Will report back as soon as I use it. I have lots of good suggestions here if that fails.

UMDTerpFan- I think my bags are allergy and genetics related. And age related. Sigh.

Well then the R Pur for Eyes nay not help with your puffiness. It did help with my dark circles but nothing I ever used ever made them totally go away. From what I've read, dark circles can be caused by a couple of different things so how they are treated differs depending on the cause. What I noticed with R Pur for Eyes is that the area slowly turned to what a healing bruise looks like, you know when it is kind of yellow & blue? Then it faded a lot. Retin A and anything that promotes collagen production will help dark circles too because it thickens the skin under the eye. The skin under the eye is very thin, probably the thinnest skin on the body so dermatologists say thickening the skin will help dark circles appear less dark. I've read that Vitamin C and Vitamin K helps as well.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!