Esteemed Contributor

Re: Proper Cleansing Makes a Difference

@SilleeMee wrote:

My skin is actually doing better w/o all of the cleansing I normally do to remove makeup and sunscreen. I haven't been going out much and that means less makeup and sunscreen so most of my cleansing is done with just a washcloth and water to rinse off any skincare products which I have applied the night before. My skin looks healthy and glowing. It hasn't looked this good in a while I have to say.

@SilleeMee I was just thinking about that the other day.  I always cleanse my face (even if I haven't worn makeup) at night before  applying my RA.  I want to remove all traces of the day, including my SPF.

But in the morning I have been doing what you are doing - a wipe down with a warm cloth.  Then, my SPF. I have had no issues doing this and I think it has spared my skin.  In my youth when I had break outs, I never would have done this....BUT I am no longer in my youth LOL!Woman WinkWoman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

I look so darn old, will be 70, all the years,have really  showed up on my face , if i could afford  getting something done , i would,but can not, so have to live with it. And i think stress has really done a job on me.Woman Sad

@goldensrbest  I think that sometimes we are our own worst enemy, but I have to say that I feel the same way as far as having aged a lot in the last few years.  Ten years or so ago, I lost my mom and dad within a year of each other.  During this time my husband had a bone marrow transplant.  Ten years prior to that point, he was being treated for cancer.  Also, my dog died.  I agree about stress being a total ager.  That is when I really began to age rapidly.  I have also lost weight in the last 18 months that I didn't need to lose and that has done a number on my face, too.  

If I wanted to begin the facial procedure parade I could.  I am afraid that I will look worse than I do now.  I do the best with what I can myself and then just go on and live life.  I really don't think about it until I look in the mirror.  Woman Very Happy  I count my blessings that I am healthy.  My husband is cured.  I have a dog I love. Heart  We have more than we deserve, we know that, and we are thankful.  

Count your blessings, @goldensrbest , not your wrinkles.  Woman Wink  Have a happy day!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

No problem Smiley Happy  The more the merrier.  

After cleansing, I spray my face with essence for hydration and to prepare it for the next step (HA).  I'm not using it between EVERY step but every other step.

I would mist after cleansing and after the liquid exfoliate.  My routine (after double or triple cleansing) is 4 or 5 products so that's why I only mist between every other product

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I haven't "washed" my face in the morning for years and years.  It's clean except for last night's products so I just rinse with cool water before applying my morning products.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

Thank you. I appreciate the suggestions and tips. Can't wait to try the rose water.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

You're welome.  I hear nothing but good things about rosewater Smiley Happy