Respected Contributor

Programming from now till after Christmas least favorite of the year.

For those who live in the north the programming has got to be very good for you with the coats, boots, gloves, etc. etc.  I love those clothes but here in the south one cardigan and a hooded sweatshirt will be all we need.  Some people here in north Florida do wear the knee high boots in 80 degree weather and look silly.  I have all the holiday decorations I need, don't need the winter clothes, don't need another vacuum or computer, don't order food online so usually I cut down on Q about this time of year.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Programming from now till after Christmas least favorite of the year.

Sorry I thought I was putting this in community not beauty.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Christmas will soon shift into overdrive at Q.  At least they haven't been playing the music non-stop.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet I'm in the Northeast...and it's my least favorite time of programming too, (yes, we know...we won't watch) for the same reasons, really. Don't need more Christmas stuff. Don't even think about Christmas 'til mid November. And somehow...I get everything done, bought, delivered, cooked. Done.

Also, fall/winter clothing is depressing, dreary looking to me..I know there are some "jewel tones" but lots of heavy, dark, too much clothing. I love the lightness of dressing in warm seasons better.

Just simple...I prefer Spring/Summer and all that goes with it. I buy less now...save money! But watching Christmas trees, lights, decor from July, off and on...is just silly retail, desperate to make money during their busiest season.

People have said here QVC has always done this, but here & also in brick and mortar, everyone I know acknowledges that it's started to get earlier and earlier, rushing and pushing EVERY season, holiday, more and more in the past decade. Nobody I know is buying pumpkins, or planning for Halloween & Christmas now. We're still enjoying what's left of the last beautiful, warm weeks of summer. 

Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

I also live in the deep south, SE coastal GA, and daytime temps here are still in the 90's.

It's hard to think about cold weather clothes, blankets, etc. for me too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@chiclet  I am from Boston so I had so many sweaters & winter wear. Since moving to Fl. I did donate alot but did keep some because I was traveling to visit for a wedding or funeral  & was there for that freezing weather. Glad I kept my favorite winter coat, jacket & snow boots.

I am one of those that as soon as the 70's hit, I will wear ankle boots & sometime knee highs but not often. I still need them lol! Its funny when people vacation here & its in the 60's they are in shorts & summer clothes & look at us who are cold with a sweater on & boots. We know that are tourists for sure! I am sure they were looking at us strange.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, Christmas will soon shift into overdrive at Q.  At least they haven't been playing the music non-stop.

you mean that tired saxophone music they use for IKwD every year 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@chiclet  I am from Boston so I had so many sweaters & winter wear. Since moving to Fl. I did donate alot but did keep some because I was traveling to visit for a wedding or funeral  & was there for that freezing weather. Glad I kept my favorite winter coat, jacket & snow boots.

I am one of those that as soon as the 70's hit, I will wear ankle boots & sometime knee highs but not often. I still need them lol! Its funny when people vacation here & its in the 60's they are in shorts & summer clothes & look at us who are cold with a sweater on & boots. We know that are tourists for sure! I am sure they were looking at us strange.

Arizona is the same way. Once it gets below 80 the long pants, boots and sometimes long sleeved shirts come out. We don't get to wear the nearly enough so might as well enjoy them while you can. We see people wearing shorts and flip flops when it's in the 50's. And I've even seen people wearing hoodies now when the lows are still in the 80's.

Esteemed Contributor

I do agree things always get pushed on us too early but I just roll with it.  It's easier to take it all in stride.  I enjoy watching the Christmas decor shows, especially VPH though I certainly don't need a thing, I still watch sometimes.   I am all decorated for fall and I can't wait until the weather changes more, it's like a light switch in the northeast.........any day now it will be in the 50's, can't come soon enough!!   As far as winter dressing, I love it.

Though many people enjoy summer, as do I but it's a short season here and I am always happy when it's over.   Enough heat already!  Bring on the fireplace Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@chiclet I'm in the Northeast...and it's my least favorite time of programming too, (yes, we know...we won't watch) for the same reasons, really. Don't need more Christmas stuff. Don't even think about Christmas 'til mid November. And somehow...I get everything done, bought, delivered, cooked. Done.

Also, fall/winter clothing is depressing, dreary looking to me..I know there are some "jewel tones" but lots of heavy, dark, too much clothing. I love the lightness of dressing in warm seasons better.

Just simple...I prefer Spring/Summer and all that goes with it. I buy less now...save money! But watching Christmas trees, lights, decor from July, off and on...is just silly retail, desperate to make money during their busiest season.

People have said here QVC has always done this, but here & also in brick and mortar, everyone I know acknowledges that it's started to get earlier and earlier, rushing and pushing EVERY season, holiday, more and more in the past decade. Nobody I know is buying pumpkins, or planning for Halloween & Christmas now. We're still enjoying what's left of the last beautiful, warm weeks of summer. 

@amyb @chiclet   I've lived in NC most of my life and the winters used to be colder with snow and ice more prevalent. Now, I find that if I do a bit of layering with a heavier sweater on top, I'm more than warm enough. Puffer coats and wool scarves just are not necessary here. On really cold days, I still prefer layering since it's more comfortable than trying to get in and out of the car. 

The heavy sweatshirts and blanket wraps presented for wearing in the house baffle me since I keep the heat on and have fireplaces if it's chilly. Different strokes, as they say.