Honored Contributor

Re: Programming from now till after Christmas least favorite of the year.

@Kabella wrote:

@chiclet  I am from Boston so I had so many sweaters & winter wear. Since moving to Fl. I did donate alot but did keep some because I was traveling to visit for a wedding or funeral  & was there for that freezing weather. Glad I kept my favorite winter coat, jacket & snow boots.

I am one of those that as soon as the 70's hit, I will wear ankle boots & sometime knee highs but not often. I still need them lol! Its funny when people vacation here & its in the 60's they are in shorts & summer clothes & look at us who are cold with a sweater on & boots. We know that are tourists for sure! I am sure they were looking at us strange.

@Kabella   My parents and lots of family used to live in FL and some still live there. When I visit in the winter, I never know what to pack. I always thought there was no seasonal dressing there, but they definitely do dress for the winter seasons...if not heavier clothing, they do wear darker colors and lightweight sweaters. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Temps. in Fl. can vary in the winter months from week to week. I remember when I took my daughter to Disney when she was she was 10.  I brought more summer clothes & that was January but temps went down to the low 50's for the wk at nights. I am glad we had sweaters .I even bought scaves while I was  there. We can get cold snaps here in Fl. so best t be prepared.  You can take light weight clothes for warmer days but take your jeans or slacks, a jacket, sweater or hoodie.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet   I certainly do not need any winter clothes, but I so rarely spent more than a few minutes a week on the shopping channels no matter the season that they are not losing sales from me.

I live in what is still a highly commercialized area of Florida and it's been months now since I shopped even locally for the kinds of things I might buy from QVC.

For me, it's not a sacrifice to forgo buying clothes, jewelry, decor, etc.  I have more than I use already.  If the retailers want to help me continue to declutter, I readily accept their help!

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

A problem living in a country that has a wide variety of temperatures. 

Living in the N, S, E, W, brick and mortar stores stocked according to local temps.  More winter coats in the North, for example.  I had to buy a winter wardrobe when I moved to the North.  

Different for home shopping that reaches all of the country.  

That might be one of the reasons QVC begins selling winter clothing early.  Waiting until the South was ready would be too late for the North.  Northerners would buy elsewhere.  

For those who don't like something, winter clothing, Christmas, fall and winter colors, there are many others who do.  Retailers go by what sells best.  

With respect to colors, I am seeing bright fall colored clothing along with traditional colors, and lighter shades, so I'm not on the same page as the OP.  

QVC does too, what sells most.  I'm seeing many sell-outs, particularly new items and Christmas decor, so there are many shoppers who like what QVC is offering.  

Honored Contributor

I live in Ohio and I don't like the programming.  LOL

I don't mind the fall/winter clothes but I dislike that from Christmas in July until December they are full steam ahead with Christmas stuff.

But I really haven't sat down and watched any program in months.  I see things here and there but I don't watch like I used to.  

Respected Contributor

I am holding on to this last bit of summer!  Everyone for weeks now keeps saying it's fall....NO it is summer still until the 21st of the month LOL!!  And it feels very warm here in the midwest still...I am in no hurry for freezing ice and snow with long gray days...getting dark by 4:30pm.  NO THANK YOU!

I haven't been shopping for any fall or Christmas items here at Q or anywhere....except for fall scented candles.  I love them best and want them all yr long so I pick up enough to have all yr long.

Also I haven't been clothes shopping....I really don't need any more...I have enough of everything to be honest and need to stop my spending.  

Not sure what is in the local stores either...haven't looked but if it's dull colors I won't be buying anything for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the northeast, and I am not at all interested in QVC’s winter offerings.

I have plenty of coats, sweaters, boots, etc.  I don’t need more.  

QVC does ignore petites in many fashions anyway.  I don’t buy any footwear from QVC, as fit can be a problem. 

I love LLBean for their outerwear anyway. And free shipping is a plus