Trusted Contributor

Hi Beauties

For those who get regular facials, I want to learn about your experience, 

Why do you get facials?

What's the best advice you recieved from your esthetician?

Esteemed Contributor

@justashopper 

I've only had a professional facial once. What I gleaned from that experience was that hand manipulation (not necessarily product) can give your facial skin a lift, boost your skin's circulation and get your natural glow on. I continue this practice every day.

The best advice, though was from a makeup artist, who taught me to gently, but firmly press around my eyes for lymph drainage.

Honored Contributor

Re: Professional Facial

[ Edited ]

I've been gifted professional facials a couple of times and loved the experience.  Like @Harpa, I learned a little bit about facial massage.  Part of the overall facial experience  includes massage in other areas besides the face - feet, shoulders, arms, and hands.  I felt pampered and relaxed.  So much so, that I actually dozed off 😄.  I left the place very oily (body, face, hairline)  and very chill - was in no condition to do any errands on the way home.  I'd welcome a facial gift anytime. 

Respected Contributor

There is no better treat.  It's so pampering.  The process of cleaning and massage is so different than what you do at home.  Love the steam.  You're so warm and relaxed.  You leave with glowing, moisturized skin.  I have learned steam is our friend, and always go in an upward direction when applying products.  FYI my brother and SIL live in Japan and where she goes to purchase her skin care and makeup gives their customers free facials.  She's in her mid 70's now and looks likes she in her 30's.  Just food for thought.

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've been gifted professional facials a couple of times and loved the experience.  Like @Harpa, I learned a little bit about facial massage.  Part of the overall facial experience  includes massage in other areas besides the face - feet, shoulders, arms, and hands.  I felt pampered and relaxed.  So much so, that I actually dozed off 😄.  I left the place very oily (body, face, hairline)  and very chill - was in no condition to do any errands on the way home.  I'd welcome a facial gift anytime. 

While I loved the experience,  I had a full day planned afterwards but had to head home and take a shower. I looked like I fell into a vat of Vaseline.

Respected Contributor

@Chopsmom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

While I loved the experience,  I had a full day planned afterwards but had to head home and take a shower. I looked like I fell into a vat of Vaseline.

I've had some facials - sometimes when I've been on vacation and wanted to treat myself and I've never looked or felt like I had a vat of vaseline on my face!  Never felt very oily at all!!  But always felt relaxed and with a nice glow to my skin.