Trusted Contributor

Re: Products you have that you rarely use

Tarte foundation...too thick for me, and the color is a bit off.  Add me to the list of those who do not use masks.

Respected Contributor

Powder foundation is something I never reach for. I have Bare Minerals and IT Celebration foundation and just do not use them. I also love nail polish and have a huge collection that I do not use. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

unfortunately, I have quite a few. Many are products I got in kits, some are just not as effective as the ones I use regularly. Some are pathetic. I usually end up throwing them away.

I have gotten much better about not ordering to many new products.
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have a couple of moisturizers and NEVER use them.  I just don't need them.  I need degreaser instead!  LOL!

@Sooner, if you used the moisturizer, your skin might normalize some. Sometimes our skin creates more oil if it isn't moisturizer enough. Just a thought! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a variety of lotions and I don't use them.  Hand lotion, body lotion.  Bottles, tubes.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have a lot of skin care products I don't or seldom use. Alpha hydroxy acid toners by Neostrata. I don't really like the scent of alpha hydroxy acid and the toner is full of alcohol.

Sample size products that were free samples. I have a bunch of Paula's Choice ones that I got with orders but have never used.

Joan Rivers Great Hair Day. It's too time consuming to use a powder and brush on my scalp to hide thinning when I can use Toppik or L'Oreal Root coverup spray in a can which is alot faster to use.

Any moisturizers (Tweak'd and Josie Maran are 2 that come to mind) as I don't like moisturizers and especially ones that come in a jar as I hate sticking my fingers in jars of goo.

Tweaked hair cleanser in a tube. It's hard to get this stuff out of the tube with squeezing it with your hands. I have had to put it on the floor and step on the end of the tube with my heel to squeeze the thick paste out of the tube.

Honored Contributor

Various samples that need to be tossed, probably over a 100 nail polish colors that I take to the salon and don't use anymore because I only buy cruelty free polish now ( I should donate to the salon), lippies that I purchased thinking they would be more neutral and end up turning a bright, glaring color on my lips (need to toss).  Looks like I am going to schedule a clearance of my make up drawers!  Thanks for the subject.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Korres Rose Mask.  

I've had two jars in the fridge for years.  I love the mask but I'm allergic to the fragrance.  I just hate the thought of throwing them them away.

I also have a Sisley Black Rose Mask that is unfininshed.

As expensive as Sisley is, I am certainly NOT throwing that away!

It's also been in my fridge for years

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

When I come across something I haven't used, I usually toss it.  I rarely impulse buy because of this.

Good for you!

I've finally gotten to that point.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

lately i've been tossing some things that i don't use and that includes some face creams and some glycolic lotions.  another thing i don't care for is eyecream and i keep buying it and tossing it too.