Honored Contributor

Re: Products that werent used

@JudyL 

I'm sorry Smiley Sad  I'm sure since you were born without a sense of smell, it's hard to know what you're missing.  Aroma is so important to me and I have (had) a nose like a bloodhound.  I live for fragrance but since COVID in Jan, I've not gotten it entirely back.  Probably 50% but I still can't taste anything after the first bite.  And that part doesn't really bother me, I just would like to know one way or the other if it's coming back!  If I could get all my smell back, I don't care if I couldn't taste.  My mother lost her sense of taste AND smell after a really bad sinus infection 40 years ago.  I'm about to lose hope Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

all the products are open and used some in 2019.

sounds like it is best to just replace all of it when

i am no longer wearing a mask. not worth the

risk of skin issues due to not fresh productsMan Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

As long as it doesn't smell bad and looks normal I will continue to use it.  I did have to toss some lipsticks last year that I had for a while because they looked questionable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm I am so sorry to hear you haven't got your sense of smell back 100%.  I will say this about not being able to smell - for most people certain memories, emotions, thoughts, are triggered by their sense of smell.  Remember the smells of Christmas baking?  Thanksgiving turkey?  The trip to the beach/ocean and the smell of the sea?  A  baby after a bath?  I don't have that trigger and that makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If they're only about a year old I would use them. I have Laura Geller Baked products from years ago. I use them and will continue to. 

I do need to clean out my liquid foundations. And I always change mascara every 3 months!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

I threw out opened liquid foundation and all foam applicators for eyeshadow which had been used.  

I kept anything in a "hard cake" like a powder compact.

Lipstick bullets were wiped with alcohol.

I would rather have those losses than a possible bill from a dermatologist and meds, plus a blotchy face,

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

If you don't have sensitive or troubled skin and your products are kept in a cool dry environment, they look, smell and feel ok, I wouldn't have a problem using them.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Oh I'm SURE!  Our memories and our sense of smell are tied together in a big way.   A whole industry depends on it.   That has to be terrible to not be able to smell anything Smiley Sad