Honored Contributor

Re: Products that help undereye puffiness

@jeanlake wrote:

Before putting on my Oil of Olay, I swipe a small dab of hemorrhoid cream below my eyes, but no where near my eyes and never on my lids. Let it dry then carry on. Learned this years ago from a coworker. Only do it when eyes are puffy.  Husband thinks it's hilarious but can see it works.   

I heard of people doing this, but then when they changed the formula (took out the mercury) they said it no longer worked.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before applying makeup, you can place ice cubes or my frozen spoon technique to the undereye area for about 5 minutes. Also when applying concealer, put it under the bag...a lighter shade than foundation on the baggy area will draw attention to that area. Skip liner and mascara on bottom lid...draws attention to it.

Prevention: sleep on 2 pillows on your back if possible. Eliminate a lot of salt from your diet and a satin pillowcase. My DH slightly elevated the head of my bed w/ a brick under the legs of the headboard. 

Honored Contributor

Gels not creams that are oil free, and contain caffeine, cucumber, green tea.

Respected Contributor

@newjerseygirl totally agree. Clinique is soothing and

works within a few minutes as does tea bags and cucumbers 🥒.

Respected Contributor

@jeanlake heard about that remedy 45 years ago-- it makes sense when you think about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

***I assume most know the bags are fat pockets/deposits & sometimes hereditary. Anything topical is hit or miss. Sore subject, but the only "cure" is surgery.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 64 and I noticed as I got older my under eye areas were not as smooth and the skin there was becoming thin and loose which is normal as you age. But since the skin was getting loose, it started to sag a bit and seemed to get puffy more easily especially after indulging in certain salty foods or after crying over a sad movie. 

I started using Retin A under my eyes and also microneedling which might not be for everyone but that works really well for me. I've been doing the microneedling for quite some time and my under eye areas are nice and smooth...no bags, sags and no puffiness except when I cry or eat too much salt.

Respected Contributor

I won't go without my Genie Line smoother from Q. People love or hate this product but I am in the love group. Used it for many years and every once in a while I'll do one eye and them ask DH which side looks better....he has ALWAYS picked the Genie side. Everytime tells me it works....at least for me. Use just a teenie tiny amount...most people use WAY too much and it turns white and flakes etc.Use just a tiny amount and let it dry. Might work for you too.

Honored Contributor

I agree with @SilleeMee. The best thing you can do is to really strengthen the skin in that area so that it can handle a little puffiness without getting too stretched out of shape. I use my peptides under my eyes and Isomers Mesmer Eyez serum.

Sometimes my eyes still get a bit puffy when I wake up, but thankfully they snap back as the day goes on.

And all the usual things recommended for handling allergies apply here. Like @Shanus's suggestion about elevating the head of your bed.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I have always had this problem. Mine is part heredity and part allergies. I have found that the Dr, Denese skin care product line works for me. There are three different eye creams for different situations. I have used all three and they all gave me results. A little bit of her product covers well. I would start with the Eye Fixer Upper /Lower  first . It's a cooling gel that you apply at night. The other two eye creams can be used for both the upper and under eye lid areas. My favorite is the newest one--Firming Facial Collegan Eye. It's great!  

I have very fair and sensitive skin and this line works without any problems. Hope you get the same results.