Frequent Contributor

Re: Products for brightening and dark spots

Hey there!

I've battled dark spots and melasma for the past 5-6 years probably??  It's so frustrating and I've dumped so much money down the drain trying different products.  That said, I did two things in January that have finally, FINALLY, produced results.  
The first thing that I did was go to a cosmetic dermatologist.  I did a peel (didn't do much for the melasma but LOVED what it did for the texture and tone for my skin!) and then a laser treatment that worked wonders on my melasma!  I still had one pesky spot that was hanging on so about a month ago I went back in for a different laser treatment on that spot and it's gone!

The second thing I did was invest a bunch of time on the Paula's Choice website researching ingredients and products that would address my issues.  I've transitioned pretty much my entire facial routine to PC, and I have never been happier with my skin!

I am positive that the combination of those to things led to the results I"ve seen now.  I will actually leave the house now with only suncsreen!!  (not all the time lol but if I have a quick errand to run or something!  I still love wearing makeup!)
Good luck!  I completely understand your frustration and I hope you can find something that works for you!!

Respected Contributor

I know Aveeno Positively Radiant facial cleanser will in tone brighten and even out your complexion, did for me. I used it thought for over 6 months and now use the Aveeno Absolutely ageless facial cleanser but will switch back and forth.

I did want to try the Aveeno matching moisturizing body lotion, suppose to do the same thing, brighten and even skin tone and in time fade dark spots.

Trusted Contributor

I've seen this question asked and answered many times on this board. And I've tried many of the suggeted items for the 2 dark spots at the side of my face.

NONE did a thing to lighten them up. I must have hide instead of skin!

Anyway, I've tried:

Ole Henrikson's products (Vitamin C)
SiBu Sea Buckthorn oil

Skinn Vitamin C offerings

Paula's Choice retinol

and various other products.

I'm sure someone's answer will tempt me to try something else. And @Rachb - I hope your attempts work out better than mine.

Honored Contributor

Please note that I am NOT recommending this..........but wart remover (18% salicylic) works.

♥Surface of the Sun♥