Honored Contributor

Products for Glowing Radiant Skin

Maybe you all can help me?

I am lookiing for suggestions for products that help achieve glowing & radiant skin. My problem is the ingredients I have read about & tried in order to achieve this either caused bad skin reactions or had no effect at all. I can’t use Vitamin C or niacinamide - both cause skin irritation. Retin A & glycolic acid didn’t do anything for my skin at all. I can’t use any products with strong scents due to my asthma. 

couldn’t begin to list all the products, serums, lotions, & potions I’ve tried. Currently, I cleanse, exfoliate daily with Paula’s Choice BHA, and moisturize. BHA has helped some with clogged & visble pores, but I just wish my skin looked more radiant. My skin used to be super oily and acne prone. At 58, I’m not breaking out much anymore & my skin isn’t so oily. It’s more combination. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe someone out there can suggest a product or ingredient I haven’t tried? Thanks so much. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Products for Glowing Radiant Skin

@wilmaThis probably isn't what you are looking for, but I purchased the Loreal product that Helen Mirren advertises.  It is a pink based moisturizer.  I noticed that if I am wearing primer or base I don't see much difference. But, if I am just wearing the moisturizer, my skin really does look brighter and healthier.  I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it, but if you google Helen Mirren and Loreal I'm sure it will come up.

Valued Contributor

Have you tried dermaplaning? I know you exfoliate, but it goes a step deeper to remove the skin cells. I have sensitive skin, and it doesn't bother me (I know everyone is going to have a different level of sensitivity).  

I have been very happy with Tatcha products. Primarily the dewy skin creme and the dewy skin night concentrate. I know the prices aren't the most economical (I've bought them at Q when there has been specials). And the products last a long time (which I appreciate because I can't stand the products that I feel like I'm constantly replacing)! 

For reference, my skin is combination (more dry in the winter), sensitive and I'm at an age where I have to work at it not looking dull! 

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@wilmaThis probably isn't what you are looking for, but I purchased the Loreal product that Helen Mirren advertises.  It is a pink based moisturizer.  I noticed that if I am wearing primer or base I don't see much difference. But, if I am just wearing the moisturizer, my skin really does look brighter and healthier.  I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it, but if you google Helen Mirren and Loreal I'm sure it will come up.

@Travone 

Yes, I’ve heard of that but never tried it.  I know which product you mean. Thanks for reminding me about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

Have you tried dermaplaning? I know you exfoliate, but it goes a step deeper to remove the skin cells. I have sensitive skin, and it doesn't bother me (I know everyone is going to have a different level of sensitivity).  

I have been very happy with Tatcha products. Primarily the dewy skin creme and the dewy skin night concentrate. I know the prices aren't the most economical (I've bought them at Q when there has been specials). And the products last a long time (which I appreciate because I can't stand the products that I feel like I'm constantly replacing)! 

For reference, my skin is combination (more dry in the winter), sensitive and I'm at an age where I have to work at it not looking dull! 

@Mellyg 

Tatcha is a line I’ve heard of and debated trying. Don’t they have a rice powder cleanser? I think I’ve read about that. Thanks for the recommendation for their cremes. I’ve never had dermaplaning. I could ask my dermatologist about it next time I see her. 

Valued Contributor

I've been using Neogen Agecure Antiager Facial Top Coat, which is available on HSN, for about 6 months.  Gives my skin a glow, has gold in it, and hasn't caused any issues.  You only need to use a little so it lasts quite a long time.

Respected Contributor

I think it would be time & $$ better spent making a appt. with a cosmetic dermatologist for a consult.

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

Could you please tell me what glycolic and vitamin C products you have used?

Just because one brand didn't work doesn't mean all are the same as that.

Honored Contributor

@catmama wrote:

I've been using Neogen Agecure Antiager Facial Top Coat, which is available on HSN, for about 6 months.  Gives my skin a glow, has gold in it, and hasn't caused any issues.  You only need to use a little so it lasts quite a long time.

@catmama 

Thanks for the suggestion. Never heard of this. Will check it out. 

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

I think it would be time & $$ better spent making a appt. with a cosmetic dermatologist for a consult.

@ahoymate 

I’ve never specifically had a cosmetic dermatologist. However, my “regular” dermatologist prescribed the Retin A and has offered other suggestions. Her office also does cosmetic procedures.