Regular Contributor

Products Made in Italy/China

Is anyone afraid of getting products from these countries, or others that have a high number of Coronaviruses?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Products Made in Italy/China

No.

Honored Contributor

No, by the time stuff gets here from the slow boat from China or Italy, any viruses would be dead.  It doesn't live forever, usually only 9 days on most surfaces.

I would be more worried about stuff getting contaminated right here on store shelves.

Valued Contributor

Nope.
Esteemed Contributor

no  

Esteemed Contributor

Should worry more about the groceries you are bringing into the house right now......those were recently touched by many people....

Trusted Contributor

@Flady1 wrote:

Is anyone afraid of getting products from these countries, or others that have a high number of Coronaviruses?

@Flady1  Yes! I even stopped purchasing It Cosmetics when it started being manufactured in China! I was watching a beauty influencer yesterday on YouTube who was using and reviewing makeup made in China that the FDA has warned against. This makeup is being sold in dollar stores for $5 and people are going crazy for it. Reported that, after testing here, about finding substances such as animal feces and asbestos in products. Other influencers have touted these products without any research as well. Yet, these same influencers, when it comes to skincare products, will go over the ingredients with a fine tooth comb. I guess that when it comes to [cheap] makeup, anything goes. ☹️

F/N/A luvstogarden
Super Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  YES, I am expecting, hopefully, a large grocery delivery today. I have had to wait one week for the delivery. What I actually get remains to be seen. But, I am so afraid of what to do with the items when I get them. They will be left on the porch, but I don't know how to "sanitize, as best I can with the items. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Esteemed Contributor

Not really, though I do buy items made in the usa whenever I can.  

There are tips for washing your fuits and veggies on the FDA website.

You really cannot go crazy though with cleaning the entire grocery order.

Just be mindful about it and you'll be fine.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Flady1 wrote:

@Flady1  Yes! I even stopped purchasing It Cosmetics when it started being manufactured in China! I was watching a beauty influencer yesterday on YouTube who was using and reviewing makeup made in China that the FDA has warned against. This makeup is being sold in dollar stores for $5 and people are going crazy for it. Reported that, after testing here, about finding substances such as animal feces and asbestos in products. Other influencers have touted these products without any research as well. Yet, these same influencers, when it comes to skincare products, will go over the ingredients with a fine tooth comb. I guess that when it comes to [cheap] makeup, anything goes. ☹️

@Mimi 1883  Animal feces?? Yikes!! Gross!!! How terrible is that!?! I wonder WHY they would even do something like that? Just to be gross/nasty or is it actually considered an ingredient that they think is needed? Hmmm...I'd like to know, b/c that is terribly scary and a big health concern I would think. 

ETA: So glad I don't wear make-up for the most part. Very seldomly. 

~ Hope in TN ~