Trusted Contributor

Production recommendation for lip and chin areas - SKINN

I'm looking for recommendations for my mom (late 50s). She doesn't do much to take care of her skin, so I want to get her started with a solid regimen. We took a trip together recently, and she was asking questions about what I was using......she  doesn't know where to start. She's interested in taking better care of her skin, just clueless on how to do so😃

I'm putting together a set for her birthday.  I purchased the SKINN set this summer, with the double size cleansers, Dermapeel, nighttime elixir, etc. I'm also adding in the Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum (for daytime use) and eye cream. I use and love both of these products, so I'd like her to try them, as well. Oh, and an SPF 50 from Paula's Choice. I might add in a travel size of Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, as well. 

I've got her some nice basics, but she mentioned that she wants to "do something" about the lines around her mouth. 😳 She's never smoked, so I'm not sure why they're as prominent as they are. She's also getting a little "turkey neck", so something to firm that area would be nice, as well. 

I'm looking for two more products for her, one to address the lines around her mouth, and another for her neck, to help with the lines and sagginess. Any recommendations?  I'm most interested in products from the SKINN line, but am open to all options, especially if she has a chance to see noticeable results. 

Also, she'll be talking to her dermatologist about starting prescription tretinoin at her next skin cancer screening. (She's never had it, all preventative)

Honored Contributor

Re: Production recommendation for lip and chin areas - SKINN

[ Edited ]

What a nice assortment of products, @DoxieMomma!  Your mom obviously raised a kind and thoughtful daughter!  

I'm in the same age range as your mom and these are products I use:

For her neck, check out Skinn Chin-Up There are two versions - yellow for redensyfying and blue to lift & firm.  I use the blue one, but yellow might suit her better.  There are videos on Evine that can help you choose.  I also highly recommend Skinn Neck Amour.  That sells out often so you might not find it on Evine right now.  Keep re-checking for it to be restocked.  That stuff is super nice.  It's called a mask, but it's not like a typical face mask.  It gets applied over other neck products and stays on overnight.

For the lines around her mouth, she will be able to carefully apply the RetinA/Tretinoin there, but she could also use Skinn Collagenesis Lip Stem Rejen in the AM and on her non-RetinA nights.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Production recommendation for lip and chin areas - SKINNc

You are a very thoughtful daughter and I am sure your mom will love everything.I have never found anything that works for mt lip lines or the neck issues.I am 60.I think some problems can only be resolved by the professionals.I hope that you are protecting your skin with sunscreen daily and using vitamin c serums.I can say that any part of my body that did not see the sun is virtually wrinkle free.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Production recommendation for lip and chin areas - SKINNc

[ Edited ]

I would love to have a necklift.  I'm on top of everything else, but nothing I have used or done topically (and that includes botox) has ever done one iota for the neck.  It is just is what it is as far as my personal genetics, along with time and gravity are concerned, I guess.  Edited to add:  I do have a Isomers Nutritone machine which helps a bit along the jawline.  I like it and use it frequently but for me, it doesn't help the neck itself.  

I just keep piling the sunscreen on my neck every day, which I have done for many years and hoping for the best.  Goodness knows what it would look like by now if I hadn't already been doing that.  Sigh....

Honored Contributor

DM, the only thing I'd warn you about is that she probably should not try all the products at once, just slowly add in one at a time. That is alot of new products for your mom to try at once, especially if she has never really done much for her skin. Besides the obvious reason as to why you should add only one new product in at a time, this will also help to indentify the culprit if she does have a reaction to something.  It is a nice gesture for sure but it is never wise to start a bunch of new items all at once.

Hope your mom loves all her products!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

acure Organics has a prooduct especially for lines above the lips in a small jar called Line Erase and their night crean is excellent as it firms the skin.  all great ingredients with no chemicals.  Check out their website $25 for free shpg. or check out iherb.com (free shpg with $20 purchase) & fast delivery.  Their Marula oil is excellent. as it has balanced my skin so it's soft & supple all the time and I am 65.  Good luck.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

HappyDaze wrote:

DM, the only thing I'd warn you about is that she probably should not try all the products at once, just slowly add in one at a time. That is alot of new products for your mom to try at once, especially if she has never really done much for her skin. Besides the obvious reason as to why you should add only one new product in at a time, this will also help to indentify the culprit if she does have a reaction to something.  It is a nice gesture for sure but it is never wise to start a bunch of new items all at once.

Exactly what I was about to say. I'm sure it will be difficult for her to start slowly, if she's anything like me, and wanting to start using all of her goodies ASAP!! Smiley Happy

I would also add, I would definitely recommend a retinol product. Paula has a new retinol booster that she could slowly and gradually add into a night serum or cream, and she also has a Resist night cream with retinol (it's in a short, round bottle with a pump) that is gentle. I use that one and really like it. You'll have to let us know how she likes everything! Again, very nice of you to do that for her. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FUTURE wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Exactly what I was about to say. I'm sure it will be difficult for her to start slowly, if she's anything like me, and wanting to start using all of her goodies ASAP!! Smiley Happy

I would also add, I would definitely recommend a retinol product. Paula has a new retinol booster that she could slowly and gradually add into a night serum or cream, and she also has a Resist night cream with retinol (it's in a short, round bottle with a pump) that is gentle. I use that one and really like it. You'll have to let us know how she likes everything! Again, very nice of you to do that for her. 

@FUTURE  DoxieMomma said, in her OP, that her mom was going to talk with her dermatologist about prescription Tretinoin (Retin-A).  

Honored Contributor

I have nothing substantive to add here. I just want to say how dare you, @DoxieMomma, have a mother in her 50s.

annoyed

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

lol, @suzyQ3 !