Trusted Contributor

Re: Production recommendation for lip and chin areas - SKINN

I really appreciate all of the responses! 

@JeanLouiseFinch I'll definitely check out those Skinn products, thanks for the recommendations. 

@HappyDaze @FUTURE Great point on starting slowly......maybe I'll slowly dole out different products over a several weeks......kinda like an advent calendar 😃 I'm guilty of trying too many new things at once, I've finally learned my lesson and take it slow now. Her skin is much more tolerant than mine, I think she's currently using liquid body wash to remove her makeup 😳

@suzyQ3 Hahahahaha.....would it help if I said I was born when she was seven???? 

Honored Contributor

@DoxieMomma  You're most welcome.   Whatever you end up with, I hope your mom is thoroughly delighted with her gift!  She owes it to herself to take some time for herself and care for her skin.  I know it probably sounds weird, but I actually enjoy doing my skincare routine.  You'll have to let us know how she likes her products and how they're working for her once she's on them for awhile.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have nothing substantive to add here. I just want to say how dare you, @DoxieMomma, have a mother in her 50s.

annoyed

Guess I'll keep my mother's age to myself around here.......... Lol!!!! Smiley LOLSmiley TongueSmiley Embarassed

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

DM, the only thing I'd warn you about is that she probably should not try all the products at once, just slowly add in one at a time. That is alot of new products for your mom to try at once, especially if she has never really done much for her skin. Besides the obvious reason as to why you should add only one new product in at a time, this will also help to indentify the culprit if she does have a reaction to something.  It is a nice gesture for sure but it is never wise to start a bunch of new items all at once.

Hope your mom loves all her products!

Exactly what I was about to say. I'm sure it will be difficult for her to start slowly, if she's anything like me, and wanting to start using all of her goodies ASAP!! Smiley Happy

I would also add, I would definitely recommend a retinol product. Paula has a new retinol booster that she could slowly and gradually add into a night serum or cream, and she also has a Resist night cream with retinol (it's in a short, round bottle with a pump) that is gentle. I use that one and really like it. You'll have to let us know how she likes everything! Again, very nice of you to do that for her. 

@FUTURE  DoxieMomma said, in her OP, that her mom was going to talk with her dermatologist about prescription Tretinoin (Retin-A).  

Maybe I should read to the end of the post before I jump in with my two cents....Smiley Wink thanks, @JeanLouiseFinch!!!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

DM, the only thing I'd warn you about is that she probably should not try all the products at once, just slowly add in one at a time. That is alot of new products for your mom to try at once, especially if she has never really done much for her skin. Besides the obvious reason as to why you should add only one new product in at a time, this will also help to indentify the culprit if she does have a reaction to something.  It is a nice gesture for sure but it is never wise to start a bunch of new items all at once.

Hope your mom loves all her products!

Exactly what I was about to say. I'm sure it will be difficult for her to start slowly, if she's anything like me, and wanting to start using all of her goodies ASAP!! Smiley Happy

I would also add, I would definitely recommend a retinol product. Paula has a new retinol booster that she could slowly and gradually add into a night serum or cream, and she also has a Resist night cream with retinol (it's in a short, round bottle with a pump) that is gentle. I use that one and really like it. You'll have to let us know how she likes everything! Again, very nice of you to do that for her. 

@FUTURE  DoxieMomma said, in her OP, that her mom was going to talk with her dermatologist about prescription Tretinoin (Retin-A).  

Maybe I should read to the end of the post before I jump in with my two cents....Smiley Wink thanks, @JeanLouiseFinch!!!

@FUTURE  Yeah, like I've never misread or misunderstood something.  It's all good.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have nothing substantive to add here. I just want to say how dare you, @DoxieMomma, have a mother in her 50s.

annoyed

Guess I'll keep my mother's age to myself around here.......... Lol!!!! Smiley LOLSmiley TongueSmiley Embarassed

A wise conclusion. Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@DoxieMomma  You're most welcome.   Whatever you end up with, I hope your mom is thoroughly delighted with her gift!  She owes it to herself to take some time for herself and care for her skin.  I know it probably sounds weird, but I actually enjoy doing my skincare routine.  You'll have to let us know how she likes her products and how they're working for her once she's on them for awhile.

Not weird at all @JeanLouiseFinch.  How often as women do we overlook our own needs and well-being?  I'm the same about my skincare routines and requirements.  Guess what? It has really paid off not just for me but also in how my DD views skincare. Long story short, she was the only one in a group of friends who was SPF vigilant at a music festival this weekend and the only one without a sunburn.  She thinks I have pretty skin and wants to take care of hers as she sees her mom do.  Geez, and just when you think it's all about yourself Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Not weird at all @JeanLouiseFinch.  How often as women do we overlook our own needs and well-being?  I'm the same about my skincare routines and requirements.  Guess what? It has really paid off not just for me but also in how my DD views skincare. Long story short, she was the only one in a group of friends who was SPF vigilant at a music festival this weekend and the only one without a sunburn.  She thinks I have pretty skin and wants to take care of hers as she sees her mom do.  Geez, and just when you think it's all about yourself Smiley Happy

Bella, my mom was the same way. We didn't have a lot of money growing up, but she always made sure to look nice and to wear sunscreen and take care of her skin, as well as wearing makeup (so I come by it honestly - LOL!) . And I have to say, of my friends moms that haven't had work done (well, and some that have....), she seriously looks great! And as I've grown older, it's so fun to talk to my mom about what is new that I've tried and loved, and to pass on things to her that I know she will use and enjoy. Every time we get together, we go through stuff and talk about it. It's one of the fun little things we love to do! It's SOOOOOOO great that your daughter is using SPF at a young age. I think it's THE BEST thing a person can do for their overall skin health and anti-aging related.