Valued Contributor

Product you stopped using, without realizing the great benefit until going back to it?

Thought this would be interesting to see if anyone else has done this and what products you missed, without knowing it.. I used ti buy way too many products. It stems from reading reviews, beauty boards and watching the shopping channels.

At one time I went head over heels for Isomers. Ending up with so many products, not sure what to use when and really not knowing what benefits I got from which product. I slowing stopped using them and went back to my old standby, Avon Anew Platinum Day and Night creams and Alpha Hydrox Rescue cream. They are good products but I still was having issues. I chaulked my neck, decollette and upper lip lines up to getting older.

Yes, I am getting older at 62 but a month or so ago started using the Isomers Copper P Serum I had on had when feeling guilty about how much stuff I have and how much spent on it.. OMG, That is what was helping all the above issues!! This stuff works. It firms, reduces lines and wrinkles and over all my skin feels smooth and looks great.

Respected Contributor

Re: Product you stopped using, without realizing the great benefit until going back to it?

[ Edited ]

@Theresa1121  Sounds just like me!😱

Thanks for the heads up about Copper P and Isomers. I have a large stash of Isomers, including Copper P yet I'm always looking for something new. I also have most everything in the Tatcha line plus an assortment of others. Philosophy, Korres, Prai neck, Perricone tinted moisturizer and eye serum and cream. I love the Philosophy and Korres serums and the Perricone tinted moisturizer( couldn't use the other things in this line. The DMAE irritated my skin so ended up throwing it($$$) in the trash.) Once I started using La Mer but didn't see any big changes there either except for in my checkbook!...Lol!  I have been using Prai neck cream or sometimes Philosophy neck cream. My neck is just beginning to have some wrinkling issues. I'm 63. I can't say that they help. My neck is no better or worst. I use so many different products I can't tell what's doing what! I too intend to put a stop on spending all this money, using what I have and yes, letting "Mother Nature" take her course! Enough is enough!😉

Note: I'd recently ordered several products from SSC and Prai but luckily came to my senses and canceled them.

I started using Isomers way back when it debuted on then, Value Vision and was called Nutri Beauty. It had only four products then. I was impressed with Manuella's knowledge and presentations. Through the years, although I've tried many, many other lines, (while still incorporating Isomers here and there) I think Isomers works best on my skin!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: Product you stopped using, without realizing the great benefit until going back to it?

I think the big game changer for me--at 62, now but 63 next Sat, is using the clarisonic on my face 1x a day for the last 4 years. I have noticed that the skin care products and the make up, I use now, are doing a much better job, doing what they are all hyped up to do. I am using PTR skincare now; the pads the serum and the moisterizers and holy cow--what a difference! It's been a month now so no quick fix. A couple weeks ago I got told that I was glowing--had no make up on just the basics and was at my chiro's office. Nice !!!

Honored Contributor

Tweak-d and WEN summer honey peach cleansing conditioner. I occasionally would try new things that came in my birchboxes and even though sometimes I'd think the other things were pretty good, it was only when I'd go back to using my Tweak-d and/or WEN that I'd really realize how much better they make my hair look. 

Missha BB creams. I would often stray over the years but always come back to it and then wonder why I'd stray! I always keep it on hand. 

Contributor

My treadmill....😊

Honored Contributor

@specialkbird wrote:

My treadmill....😊

haha good one! So true for any and all workout equipment! 

Esteemed Contributor

Dr.Denese day cream.  I ran out and it wasn't in the inventory. I thought that I wuould just use the dream cream and either the Mally or LG B&b and be okay with the little bit of sun while putting the dogs in and out. WRONG!!!  I actually saw a difference in my skin and the some discoloration. Well, it finally was in stock and I purchased the large jar. What a relief.  

I've been trying to stream line the number of items that I have and back ups whether it is in the make up or the kitchen or cleaning products. I always want to kick myself if I find something in the back of cabinet and now I either re ordered the same product or it's past the experation date.  I'm not crazy about guessing if something is safe to use on my face or body.  

Honored Contributor

@wagirlI'm just using my first ever PTR from the nightime TSV a few months ago.  It's done such good things for my older (75) face that I hope I always remember to order it.  My second shipment was shipped yesterday.

As for things I had used, stopped and returned to -  the only thing I can think of that my skin loves is the Purity cleanser.  I tried several less expensive ones before I went back to the Purity.  It's the only one that cleans me with one cleanse AND doesn't leave my face crying for immediate moisturizer.

Super Contributor

I did not Want to quit using it, but it is expensive and I have to run out to the Mall of America to get it at Sephora....Amore Pacific (spelling) has some cleansing powder that is the best! I got some in a kit and although it is $60 I think next time I get out there, I will buy the large bottle. Smells good too!