Contributor

Product to hold hairstyle recommendations

Does any one know of a product that will hold your style for some hours?  I usually use wen.  I dry my hair and it looks good.  Then I roll it on Velcro rollers not heated then put make up on then take the hair down.  Nice and fluffy but by the end of the day it is flat.  Anything out there that doesn’t make it stiff or sticky to put on to make it last?

thank you so much

diane

Valued Contributor

Re: Product to hold hairstyle recommendations

I have baby fine hair and I love Nick Chavez Volumizing Hair Spray in the blue can.  I buy it from Nick's website when they have free shipping.  I don't think QVC carries it any longer.  Ebay may have some.  It's the only thing that will hold my fine hair without weighing it down.

Esteemed Contributor

diane

Wen's dry oil seems to be giving my hair body and hold.
My style usually barely lasts and this product has been working for me.
I also use velcro rollers.  But my hair is curly.

Honored Contributor

@Jesttalking2 wrote:

Does any one know of a product that will hold your style for some hours?  I usually use wen.  I dry my hair and it looks good.  Then I roll it on Velcro rollers not heated then put make up on then take the hair down.  Nice and fluffy but by the end of the day it is flat.  Anything out there that doesn’t make it stiff or sticky to put on to make it last?

thank you so much

diane

@Jesttalking2  Not a WEN fan (made my hair too soft & flat), that said, I’m not big on hairspray either...think hair w/o movement looks aging. 

I get my hold from my styling products: volumizing mousse or gel, or a light hair setting spray (Bumble Bumble in blue can is a good one). You can comb through after taking out rollers...no stiffness, stickiness, but some hold. Sometimes it’s the haircut, too. More layers add natural fullness with less product.

Valued Contributor

Have you tried the powder that comes in a shaker?  If you use it sparingly, it works really well.  You lift your hair and very lightly shake it in spots; it creates a 'gripping' texture to your hair.  I also have fine hair which is so soft, slipperly and static-y.  I also use Redken's Rough Paste; rub a little on my hands when I'm done styling and then scrunch it through my hair.  My hair actually looks better the 2nd day when it has some product in it.  

I'm very glad I have hair, but fine, slippery hair is a pain!!