Esteemed Contributor

Re: Product "Samplers"? Are You One?

@JustJazzmom wrote:

When I go to purchase a nail polish I make sure I can open it; some of those tops seem 'glued into' place.

@Jacie It's possible the employee didn't want to mess with 'sampler' either! For all you know that person could have been armed with a weapon.

@JustJazzmom, I have trouble opening a lot of items particularly those with small tops or very large tops.  I have found the gloves in this link to be a godsend to the point that I rarely use any of my gadgets, not even on pickle jars or stuck nail polish bottles.

http://www.qvc.com/Infinity-3-Pair-Garden-Gloves-by-Maxfit.product.M46245.html?sc=M46245-SRCH&cm_sp=...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

This is the very reason why I always pull the product I want from the back of the stock.
Respected Contributor

How timely!

Just got home from picking up an RX at my local town Walgreen's. There was a woman opening stuff in the Cover Girl area of make-up.

I didn't have to alert anyone. A Walgreen's employee asked her to please purchase the product BEFORE she tried it!

What I thought was galling was the offender had nerve enough to do it right in front of the employee and then put up an argument about it!

She left in a huff! I thanked the employee and went on-line to give her a kudos.

There might be hope!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

How timely!

Just got home from picking up an RX at my local town Walgreen's. There was a woman opening stuff in the Cover Girl area of make-up.

I didn't have to alert anyone. A Walgreen's employee asked her to please purchase the product BEFORE she tried it!

What I thought was galling was the offender had nerve enough to do it right in front of the employee and then put up an argument about it!

She left in a huff! I thanked the employee and went on-line to give her a kudos.

There might be hope!

Sometimes I am just completely shocked by the idiocy of people. Disgusting.

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen some high end makeup at Winners in Canada including Tarte and Nars and they aren't in those see through security boxes or don't have those wire wrapped sensor gizmos on them and the packaging has been opened and sampled including lipsticks, eyeshadows, and mascaras.

I can tell that people have also stolen the items inside and left the packaging behind. I talked to a sales associate and showed her the mess and she said that they don't have enough security boxes and they only put items that cost more than $20 in them.

Well I'd say there's a lot of lost sales when beauty items are stolen and/or unsellable like this! The only lipsticks I've bought from Winners have been sealed ones like the Laura Mercier gift set that was in one of those clear locked security boxes. I notice that other Winners stores, TJ Maxx and Marshall's are better at securing their high end beauty products.

Honored Contributor

I am very sensitive to odors. Some can cause an asthma attack. I try to buy only fragrance free products, but I have done a very quick sniff of some lotions and body washes. I don't think that is gross or sanitary. 

Honored Contributor

• I have seen a lot of shoplifting lately and when I report it to the store they tell me there is nothing they can do.In Safeway it happens so often that I told the manager that I refuse to shop there until they start doing something about it.we are all paying higher prices to cover this.I do sometimes wonder why I continue to stand in line to pay when nobody seems to care.
Honored Contributor

I do open lipsticks VERY CAREFULLY if there is no seal on the tube.  I've never tried or  damaged one, but I've run into plenty that have been smushed.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:
  • I have seen a lot of shoplifting lately and when I report it to the store they tell me there is nothing they can do.In Safeway it happens so often that I told the manager that I refuse to shop there until they start doing something about it.we are all paying higher prices to cover this.I do sometimes wonder why I continue to stand in line to pay when nobody seems to care.

That's a shame. But I shop at Von's (part of the Safeway chain, I believe), and they are very diligent about catching shoplifters.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I was at walmart and people were trying on lipstick. i was disgusted