Super Contributor

Problem with pump on WEN Lavender

Seems that when the bottle gets near the end - last 2" or so the pump does not work. So today I added some water and shook it up - still the pump does not work... Anyone else have problems with WEN pumps.

Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with pump on WEN Lavender

It's not just the lavender, it's the way all the pumps work when the bottle gets down to the end. I save the original cap for when this happens. Remove the pump, put on the cap, and store the bottle upside-down.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you pumped it enough to allow the product to move through the straw?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Scientifically, I suspect all pumps in thick creams stop working as they near the bottom. A friend knowledgeable about pumps (not about beauty supplies) explained so that it made sense to me.

I know last time I thought my Hydroshield was empty, I took a pair of pliers and pulled out that pump. There were several weeks worth of Hyroshield left in the bottom.

When I get near the bottom of a WEN bottle, I just remove the pump and dump the required amount into my palm. There's nothing magical about pumping that changes the CC.

Honored Contributor

Yes to all of the above. When I was a teenager, my thick conditioner would always be hard to get out of the bottle as I got to the end. When that happened, I always stored the bottle upside down until the end. That's what you can do with WEN - remove the pump and replace the original top and store it upside down.

I usually buy the same formulas over and over again, so when one stops pumping, I remove it from the shower and set it aside. I open a new bottle and start using it. When there's enough room in the old bottle, I take the old bottle and a funnel and use the funnel to move the contents of the old bottle into the new one. I just put the funnel inside the new bottle and turn the old bottle upside down in the funnel and go eat dinner or watch a TV show. When I come back, gravity has done all the work for me.

Just make sure you have enough room for the old bottle contents AND the pump. If you refill the new bottle too much, the pump will not go in without pushing product out.

Respected Contributor

On 9/12/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Yes to all of the above. When I was a teenager, my thick conditioner would always be hard to get out of the bottle as I got to the end. When that happened, I always stored the bottle upside down until the end. That's what you can do with WEN - remove the pump and replace the original top and store it upside down.

I usually buy the same formulas over and over again, so when one stops pumping, I remove it from the shower and set it aside. I open a new bottle and start using it. When there's enough room in the old bottle, I take the old bottle and a funnel and use the funnel to move the contents of the old bottle into the new one. I just put the funnel inside the new bottle and turn the old bottle upside down in the funnel and go eat dinner or watch a TV show. When I come back, gravity has done all the work for me.

Just make sure you have enough room for the old bottle contents AND the pump. If you refill the new bottle too much, the pump will not go in without pushing product out.

There is a point where you should not put the remainder of a old bottle into a new bottle. Let me explain. The old bottle has remaining cc. When there is room in the new bottle, you turn the old bottle upside down and the old cc goes on top of the new bottle. When this new bottle goes down, it is the old cc that remains. So what do you do? Pour the remaining CC of this what was once the new bottle into a newer bottle? You keep moving the same CC until it gets old and spoils the cc in a new bottle.

The best thing is to keep the original cap for use when the bottle is almost empty. Keep new CC from being mixed with older CC. I am currently doing that with a Fig gallon. I just put the old cap on and pour the CC in my hand. When it gets to the point when it is hard to get the CC out, I add water to the bottle and shake...shake..shake. Wen is too expensive to waste.

JMO.

Honored Contributor

I just put the original cap back on and store the bottle upside down and squeeze out the CC until it's empty. On the gallons though, I transfer the CC into plastic containers because I don't want to deal with holding the gallon bottle upside down.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

This problem has been there since day 1 with all WEN bottles with pumps....to me its no big deal, just follow some of the suggestions already mentioned.

I also have makeup pump bottles, etc, and they all do the same thing. Its a problem with pumps in general.

Regular Contributor

I have a different problem with the pump. This is my first time using WEN and I bought the TSV. I can't get the pump on the CC to pop up so it can be used. I've tried spinning it counter clockwise like I do with all pumps, but it won't pop up. Any suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Sister Barbara said:

I have a different problem with the pump. This is my first time using WEN and I bought the TSV. I can't get the pump on the CC to pop up so it can be used. I've tried spinning it counter clockwise like I do with all pumps, but it won't pop up. Any suggestions?

This may sound silly and obvious but spin it clockwise. I was opening a bottle of FAS over a week ago and I kept pushing down on the 16oz bottle and turning it counter clockwise. I was starting to become annoyed, especially when I stopped and looked to see if I could see any arrows on the pump directing me to which way to turn. I did not see any, so finally, I just pushed down and turned it clockwise and it popped up.