Respected Contributor

Re: Problem with my Balance n Brighten

@shoesnbags wrote:

Ok, I just tried two kinds of tape, and it picked up nothing. Also tried to scratch it and couldn't. So this must be the base. It's less than 1/4 inch down in the container. So I guess I'll try customer service and see what they say. 

I think you hit bottom.  That's what mine looks like too when I do.  And, it does not scrape.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @MomCat. At least I know what the problem is now!  It never would have occurred to me that this is the bottom without everyone's help. Duh! Now if only I could figure out why I hit bottom so fast.  I've never run out of other products quicker than the average person. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I've never timed how long it took me to finish a compact.  I usually am mixing a couple at a time, especially in the summer with my bronzer.  Using everyday for a couple of months sounds about right to me.

Honored Contributor

Was your compact full when you got it? I can't believe you could have used it all up so fast!

I got the same TSV & have used the B&B almost every day since I received it. My impact is still almost full. The swirls are blended in color on top now but it is still in the dome shape it was when I got it. I've hardly put a dent in it.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Was your compact full when you got it? I can't believe you could have used it all up so fast!

I got the same TSV & have used the B&B almost every day since I received it. My impact is still almost full. The swirls are blended in color on top now but it is still in the dome shape it was when I got it. I've hardly put a dent in it. 

This was my first Laura Geller TSV, my first time to use all of the products. So I don't remember exactly what the B&B looked like. If it looked different from what it was supposed to be, I wouldn't have known. But from what everyone is saying, it sounds like mine must have been different in some way.  I'm wondering if it was softer, and wore down quicker?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

Like the others have said, it seems really odd to hit the disc so quickly.  I use b n b almost every day, and all mine have lasted over a year.  I did get the same tsv and I didn't notice a texture difference.  I did have a b n b a few years ago that I used wet, and the area of the compact where it was wet did harden and I wasn't able to get any on a brush in that area.  I scraped it with a "spoolie" eyebrow brush to scrape the hard stuff off and that worked.

Valued Contributor

I've noticed her baked products have been "flatter" recently. There used to be more roundness to them & there was more in them. I don't have the old weight vs. new.

Regular Contributor

I just checked the weight because I have an old Balance & Brighten.  It is .32 oz. and the ones listed on QVC right now also state that they are also .32 oz. so I don't think the weight has changed.

Valued Contributor

Maybe it was something else she sold baked. It could have been poured badly & they messed up on one and didn't catch it. I have had a fluke in the past, it was her French Vanilla highlighter than had clear aqua sparkles in it, as if another product was being made close by or something happened. 

Contributor

Yes the same thing happened to mine.  I returned it.  I think it's from the oils from my sunscreen.  I got tired of scrapping the top.  I switched to tarte loose powder foundation with the mesh screen.  I use the same brush i was using with balance n brighten and it works without leaving any type film from my face products.