Super Contributor

Problem with QVC honoring rebates through rebate sites? Anyone else?

[ Edited ]

Hello Beauties!  

Is anyone else having issues getting their rebates from QVC?

I've had this issue for a couple years now and there doesn't seem to be any rhime or reason to it.  It's not an issue with waitlist orders, nor auto delivery, nor easy pay. At first I thought it was one particular rebate site so I started using others and same issue, half of my orders get a rebate and half don't (of course some of my biggest orders don't).  

Trust me, I've tried everything.  Different browsers, starting a new browser window before I check out, clearing cookies, etc, same issues.  

I've resorted to keeping a spreadsheet with every purchase, and even screen prints from the rebate site through my entire shopping process through checkout!  And yet I just had some more orders refused for a rebate and the QVC reason to the rebate site was that "The store records do not attribute the referral for your order to ShopAtHome.com and will not credit us for your order"  which is insane considering the lengths I have gone through to track my steps all the way through from the rebate site to purchase!

I do not have this issue with any other online shopping venue I use through the rebate sites, only QVC.  

I have read and know the "qualifing rules for rebates through the rebates sites and yet QVC seems to notoriously not honor the rebates for quite a hefty portion of my orders and I'm getting really annoyed by this!  Those rebates do often influence my purchase decision and if they don't honor them then that's bad business, and also why I am ordering less and less from QVC.

OK I vented Smiley Wink but also wondered if I'm alone? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with QVC honoring rebates through rebate sites? Anyone else?

I get notices from Mr Rebates that another rebate has gone on my account.  It does take several months, though.

Is Mr Rebates the site causing you an issue?

Honored Contributor

I've never had a problem getting my rebates for QVC from mrrebates or ebates. The only one I've really had issues with getting rebates on consistently is Amazon orders. I do what you do for all my orders- lots of screenshots but it still doesn't help for Amazon orders because apparently amazon has a different way of reporting so I am SOL on those orders. It is frustrating, isn't it?

Super Contributor

Yes Mr.Rebates was the one I had the biggest problem with before, so I switched to ShopatHome.  I've also used ebates but their % is usually lower.   As you can see from the response by QVC above they are saying I didn't go through the rebate site, when I know and tracked that I did.

Valued Contributor

I also keep track of my purchases on a calender.No problem getting Qvc rebates through Mrrebates.

Honored Contributor

Even though ebates % might be lower, if you haven't had any issues getting rebates back from them it might just be worth it to go back to using them to save the  time, trouble and hassle because some cashback is better than none.

Valued Contributor

I usually have no problems getting my QVC rebates from Mr. Rebates.....now with HSN, totally different story.  I rarely get rebates and have to wait the month and ask for them. I usually then receive them except for when I ordered a $700 computer and was told they wouldnt' give me the rebate cuz I ordered through an email.  NOT TRUE!

I am super careful when I order and if too much time passes or I feel maybe the rebate would get messed up, I start over.  

I do believe with QVC, when I go through MR, a message appears on the top of my screen stating Mr. Rebates so then I know it is going to go through. I wish all online stores would do that.

But I rarely have any trouble with my Vera Bradley, Shutterfly, Avon, Carsons or any other store I order from.  JUST HSN and usually half the time or more! I'm just not sure why HSN's rebates rarely go through without me asking!

Respected Contributor

I've never had an issue with mrrebates or extrabux.
Honored Contributor

I use mrrebates and never have a problem with QVC.  But I have to admit, I'm not very diligent about making sure I get all my rebates.  I'm appreciative of what I get, however.

Valued Contributor

Jayjay, I have the same issues with HSN when I go through Mr. Rebates.  It never seems to go through.  I onle use Ebates now with their site.  Never had an issue though with QVC.  I love that the Mr. Rebates banner shows on the top of the Q page.