Frequent Contributor

Problem with LG Balance and Brighten

I recently bought the tsv and like everything except the lipstick (too light).  The problem I'm having is with the B &B.  It seems so hard and won't transfer onto a brush to put on my face .  The color is fine, but product seems to hard or dense. I even ran some scotch tape over it to remove any film it might have on it. Has anyone ever had/have this problem?  If so, what have you done?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with LG Balance and Brighten

[ Edited ]

I don't have a problem with it, @kekes.  Are you using a dense brush or a fluffy one?  If you want coverage you need a dense brush,

Honored Contributor

Are you using the brush that comes with it? If not, try using a dense flat-top buki. A flat-top will help pick up more of the product. 

Respected Contributor

You can also use a sponge to apply the balance and brighten.  You get better coverage.

Frequent Contributor

I've tried many in my arsenal and none of them seem to pick up enough product.  Even when I rub my finger onto it hardly any color comes off. Talk about light coverage!  Think I might have to return unfortunately. 

Honored Contributor

@kekes 

I found it hard and drying on the skin.  I returned it.  I still like my Fenty powder foundation tho.  It doesn't look or feel dry.

Respected Contributor

@kekes yours might be a dud. I find I get plenty of product on a good, dense brush and if I want fuller coverage, I use a small velour puff.

Trusted Contributor

@kekes 

I think I had the same problem a while back. I can't remember if it was LG or not but it was like there was a coating over the powder. Nothing rubbed off. I think I scraped the tiniest layer off the top & it worked better. 

Honored Contributor

I used LG B&B for years, with a small kabuki brush.  Never had a problem with it.  Now I alternate between that and Bare Minerals.

Frequent Contributor

I just scraped off the top layer with a spatula and this may be the answer!  Seemed more powdery and transferred color onto a brush.  I will try it tomorrow.

Thanks for all your suggestions!