Respected Contributor

Problem with Isomers Oxygenforce - Think I Found the Culprit

I was looking up the ingredients for another product I was planning to try.  Phenoxyethanol was one of the ingredients, described as a fragrance and preservative. I cant use fragranced products, so that product was a no go.

Then I started to wonder about the Isomers oxygen duo. Sure enough Phenoxyethanol is in the cleanser. It is not clear that, although not a perfume, it is some type of fragrance.

I never would have used it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with Isomers Oxygenforce - Think I Found the Culprit

I know it is used as a preservative now in lieu of parabans, but I dont think it has any fragrance to it.

Honored Contributor

@ Montana@Shelbelle

Pardon if a link such as this has been referenced.

This link because I got curious:

https://www.safecosmetics.org/get-the-facts/chemicals-of-concern/phenoxyethanol/

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is how it is listed on skincarisma.com:

Phenoxyethanol
(Fragrance, Preservative)

From what I read it has aromatic properties.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a preservative. You may very well have developed a reaction to it. It does happen. In that case, you will have a somewhat difficult time finding quality products that don't contain it. It is quite common.

Sometimes a combination of ingredients just doesn't agree with you. Maybe the perfluoro- oxygen ingredients irritate your skin. Regardless, I'd quit using this kit and observe whether other products containing phenoxyethanol give the same reaction.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr